B&W RESULT: #244 Black & White Challenge

Double Barbie

B6F00A63-69C9-47C4-A7FA-CA4410EF443F.jpeg

Snapseed

Results in a few hours once I make my notes and get all these damn chicken and seagull feathers out of my iPad. It’s causing hell with the touch screen :lmao:

Well here goes then.

This one took some time. The umming and arring was intense. I like judging when it’s easy but not when you find quite a few images jostling for a top 3, but it has to be done so here goes…..

1st Place.
sinnerjohn with Oia.

the lines were everywhere. My eye went on a joyride exploring all over the place and using black and white in a place like this, where you’d think colour would add so much, was brave, but it worked a treat! I really wouldn’t fancy going down that path and up those steps after a night out on the booze! A fantastic capture!

1655636305937.jpeg

2nd Place.
terse with feeding frenzy.

Ive really enjoyed watching this theme going along after he mentioned inspiration from another photographer, yet still making it his own. there’s a HM on another one submitted but this one did it for me. Blurring increased the chaos I think and definitely improved it had it been a straight shot. Great work!

1655636275400.jpeg

3rd Place.
sdimbour with Bayonne POV

Superb image, The artwork, graffiti, posters or notices and then the street scene. The elderly person almost seemingly looking under the influence of a glass of wine too many,making their way up to what looks like a cafe with some almost film noir buildings really mixed it up. lovely capture.

1655636252652.jpeg

HM’s, there’s so many but rizole with it’s a corner with that goalkeepers pose and who’s that behind you, Geek1956 with birds, JillyG with double Barbie and sinnerjohn with the first image of infinity pool for gulls ( made me laugh cos I pictured the film dambusters with them lined up ready to attack that boat) also WOTANICUS with fairfax bridge, it was so hard to not pick any of these and others in the top 3.
I hope I got everyones names right this time:lmao:

Well here goes then.

This one took some time. The umming and arring was intense. I like judging when it’s easy but not when you find quite a few images jostling for a top 3, but it has to be done so here goes…..

1st Place.
sinnerjohn with Oia.

the lines were everywhere. My eye went on a joyride exploring all over the place and using black and white in a place like this, where you’d think colour would add so much, was brave, but it worked a treat! I really wouldn’t fancy going down that path and up those steps after a night out on the booze! A fantastic capture!

View attachment 181989

2nd Place.

Ive really enjoyed watching this theme going along after he mentioned inspiration from another photographer, yet still making it his own. there’s a HM on another one submitted but this one did it for me. Blurring increased the chaos I think and definitely improved it had it been a straight shot. Great work!

View attachment 181988

3rd Place.

Superb image, The artwork, graffiti, posters or notices and then the street scene. The elderly person almost seemingly looking under the influence of a glass of wine too many,making their way up to what looks like a cafe with some almost film noir buildings really mixed it up. lovely capture.

View attachment 181987

HM’s, there’s so many but rizole with it’s a corner with that goalkeepers pose and who’s that behind you, Geek1956 with birds, JillyG with double Barbie and sinnerjohn with the first image of infinity pool for gulls ( made me laugh cos I pictured the film dambusters with them lined up ready to attack that boat) also WOTANICUS with fairfax bridge, it was so hard to not pick any of these and others in the top 3.
Well done Ric and great photos all!

Well here goes then.

1st Place.
sinnerjohn with Oia.

View attachment 181989

2nd Place.

View attachment 181988

3rd Place.

View attachment 181987

Congrats to sinnerjohn -- I thought that was a winner, too. Thanks for my second and high five for Sandra.

Well here goes then.

1st Place.
sinnerjohn with Oia.

View attachment 181989

2nd Place.

View attachment 181988

3rd Place.

View attachment 181987

Wow, thanks Ric, I'm always honoured to pick up a win in the b/w. So many good images created by talented mobile photographers. Cheers me up too in my COVID haze!

Well done terse and sdimbour, loved Sandra's shot, although I can't get Jilly's body out of my head now :lmao:

Well here goes then.

1st Place.
sinnerjohn with Oia.

View attachment 181989

2nd Place.

View attachment 181988

3rd Place.

View attachment 181987

Lovely judging Ric, thank you.:thumbs: Super congrats to sinnerjohn John - managing to bring something new and original to those beautiful whitewashed Greek houses’ images. Well done to terse Ted coming in second with another of his marvellous blurs (or ICMs). And also to sdimbour Sandra who was awarded third place for one of her fabulous images of France. And thank you for improving the body images of … well, me anyway.:lol: High fives to all the HMs. It was another great week in Black & White-land. Right, Oi’am (see what I did there?) off to the Gallery with Oia. See you there!!

Back
Top Bottom