B&W RESULT: #245 Black & White Challenge

Street/Light - Blackie and LRM
7D016ADA-7C46-4318-87ED-729B97F093FE.jpeg

Canal Life.

Little Venice, London

View attachment 182109
affinity photo
And while my elders & betters sort out the critique from the suggestion and the phone from the laptop - and whether or not MobiTog has an excess or a dearth of either or both:
Nice pov and composition !
(Also, hope the kid doesn’t fall in - the water looks murky :eek: )

Where to begin.

To be honest, to start with the images this week just weren't doing it for me but then there was a turn around and thanks to ric alexander Geek1956 and surprisingly zenjenny there were some rather nice street photography images posted.
A particularly favourite genre of mine.

Winner this week for me HAS to be Geek1956 with his nicely timed trendy couple walking obliviously by an image of someone who might as well be on a different planet to them. Great focus too.
1656263890314.png

Silver medallist this week goes to ric alexander for Little Venice
1656265035914.png

Even though some might think its slightly flawed, it still makes an interesting image with lots to see, when you take the time to discover its secrets. Nice one Ric.

Last but not least bronze award this week goes to JillyG for Chains.
1656265202119.png

Simple (or is it) depiction of chains, (that also remind me of worms). Getting some great work from the old dog BlackCam.

HM's to zenjenny for The Nitro Man, you are more than welcome in the 'regular' sections of MobiTog with work like this. Also to terse for Bird Hangout, great image.
I'll give an HHM to sdimbour for her b/w version of Moment, which she didn't enter here but would have won if she had ;)

Keep the b/w faith people.

Where to begin.

To be honest, to start with the images this week just weren't doing it for me but then there was a turn around and thanks to ric alexander Geek1956 and surprisingly zenjenny there were some rather nice street photography images posted.

Winner this week for me HAS to be Geek1956 with his nicely timed trendy couple walking obliviously by an image of someone who might as well be on a different planet to them. Great focus too.
View attachment 182284

View attachment 182289
Even though some might think its slightly flawed, it still makes an interesting image with lots to see, when you take the time to discover its secrets. Nice one Ric.

View attachment 182290
Simple (or is it) depiction of chains, (that also remind me of worms). Getting some great work from the old dog BlackCam.

HM's to zenjenny for The Nitro Man, you are more than welcome in the 'regular' sections of MobiTog with work like this. Also to terse for Bird Hangout, great image.
I'll give an HHM to sdimbour for her b/w version of Moment, which she didn't enter here but would have won if she had ;)

Great winning image Kevin. Well deserved. Another piece of silver for me. I’m gonna be called jack sparrow at this rate!!! I love jilly’s image too. The gritty feel suits it .
got to say though, thank you John, you totally got my image and the aim of it. The whole point of painting in was to show the interest the photographer seen when first viewing the image. It’s not for everyone, but I like the effect. The good news is I can put more images in the next mono :D

Where to begin.

View attachment 182284

View attachment 182289

View attachment 182290

Good judging, John, and congrats to Kevin, Ric, and Jilly. I might have favored Ric's Time Out over his Little Venice for second, but both deserve the Place.

Where to begin.

View attachment 182284

View attachment 182289

View attachment 182290

Thanks John sinnerjohn for choosing my image and to ric ric alexander and jilly JillyG for runner ups

Where to begin.

To be honest, to start with the images this week just weren't doing it for me

but then there was a turn around and thanks to ric alexander Geek1956 and surprisingly zenjenny there were some rather nice street photography images posted.

View attachment 182284

View attachment 182289

View attachment 182290

Gongrats Geek1956.
High fives to ric alexander and JillyG.

To be honest, to start with the images this week just weren't doing it for me
It's more cat pictures you'll be wanting isn't it? I'll double my output for next week. :feet:

Where to begin.

View attachment 182284

View attachment 182289

View attachment 182290

Well done on the judging John, thank you. Congratulations to Geek1956 Kevin - I love these images of yours with billboards and people, and this is another great one. As John said, the focus is superb. Well done ric alexander Ric for second place. I know you ”agonised” over this one, but I love the mystery that you’ve put into that edit. And thank you very much John for my third place. I really ought to post a colour version of those chains because they are really really rusty.:D Lovely work from everyone again. You’re all amazing. Righty-ho, I’m off to the Gallery with Kevin’s Oblivious. See you there.

Back
Top Bottom