IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
This is the place to celebrate and showcase all of your beautiful black and white images. This is a theme-free zone so, as long as it's black and white, just about anything and everything goes!

The Rules are simple:

1) All images must be taken and edited on a mobile device: a mobile phone, tablet, iPod or iPad.

2) All images must be simply black and white and all of those lovely shades of grey. Beware grunge edits which may add colour. If I notice an image that has a hint of colour I'll let you know so that you can change it and repost. Or I can delete it and you can repost; not a problem.

3) Any app(s) can be used in the making of your image, editing is permitted, but this must be done on a mobile device (see 1) above).

4) Please remember to add a title and a description of your image and what apps were used. We love to know how you did it.

Last entries before midnight UK time on Saturday 25th June 2022. Judging will take place on Sunday 26th June 2022, or soon thereafter.

Please also see the MobiTog Rules and Guidelines for all MobiChallenges posted HERE. Please note specifically Rule 4: Generally, anything goes in terms of processing, within the bounds of common decency and the Specific Rules for the Challenge or Contest, but entrants must document how they achieved the submitted result in their Challenge or Contest post, i.e. name of the device used to take the image and list each app used, in the order it is used.

This week's winner sinnerjohn John will be our guest judge for the above period.

Last edited:
Parklife (in the city)

Lightroom, Affinity photo

EC187DFE-85A9-4C01-B446-6111A23F19E0.jpeg

Yuumi snoozing.
Nice to have dark, nearly black cats to photograph. Adding a colour filter when converting to black and white barely makes a difference to the brightness and contrast of their coats.
Red filter.
IMG_20220619_165918-01.jpeg

Blue filter.
IMG_20220619_165918-02.jpeg

Last edited:
Yuumi snoozing.
Nice to have dark, nearly black cats to photograph. Adding a colour filter when converting to black and white bearly makes a difference to the brightness and contrast of their coats.
Red filter.
View attachment 182101
Blue filter.
View attachment 182102
Background works better with the blue filter and so do the paw pads :thumbs:

Yuumi snoozing.
Nice to have dark, nearly black cats to photograph. Adding a colour filter when converting to black and white bearly makes a difference to the brightness and contrast of their coats.
Red filter.
View attachment 182101
Blue filter.
View attachment 182102
I’m not sure which I prefer, but I certainly enjoyed moving between them several times. :D

Now this is an instance of taking the dark too far. Moody is good, but its starting to obscure detail
Just this minute typed there is no critique on Mobitog and you prove me totally wrong bless you sir.

I have to agree, looked at this last night on my phone and couldn't work out what was going on here Ric.

Just this minute typed there is no critique on Mobitog and you prove me totally wrong bless you sir.

I have to agree, looked at this last night on my phone and couldn't work out what was going on here Ric.
I dont view on my iphone. Maybe thats the problem. But i look at everyones images on ipad. It is dark yes and not to everyones tastes. In my defence, the blackness masks very little detail out believe it or not. It is too dark for most though lol.

edit, oops I messed up, I exported the photo it seems without the brightness contrast layer active. after viewing again on the iPad I can see what people are saying about being dark. I’ll put that image down to bad experience. At least I can replace it on instagram with correct version.

Last edited:
I dont view on my iphone. Maybe thats the problem. But i look at everyones images on ipad. It is dark yes and not to everyones tastes. In my defence, the blackness masks very little detail out believe it or not. It is too dark for most though lol.

edit, oops I messed up, I exported the photo it seems without the brightness contrast layer active. after viewing again on the iPad I can see what people are saying about being dark. I’ll put that image down to bad experience. At least I can replace it on instagram with correct version.
Ok on the pc now and it doesn't look as dark. I almost always look at MobiTog on the pc, weird maybe for a Mobile Photography site (or is it?)
Answers on a postcard please people.
On my phone I could make out a person in a Disturbed t-shirt and a pumpkin, but nowt much else! I'd never judge a challenge on a phone anyway, not even on my 6.7incher!

I have the same problem, I view stuff on my iphone 12 Mini and it looks great, then load it on tinternet and its a dogs breakfast on the big screen.

Well, I say 'suggestion' over 'critique' - but there was a mention on Rics posts thst we would say if anything went too far!

Back
Top Bottom