B&W RESULT: #250 Black & White Challenge

Bird in Weeds
7C0D414C-2C82-4F53-B88B-08700A8E9E9C.jpeg

Landing Gear Down

8805E0DF-5AB8-4659-8219-4E8518E3F58C.jpeg

Sibson Airfield is very close to where I live, so Nicola and I went up to watch the parachutists land. It’s very difficult to get close enough to get a decent photo, so I took this into iColorama for a bit of Threshold. I had to redo the strings of the parachute because they disappeared in the editing. Procreate.

In reverse order...

Hms to terse's Fishing on the edge, JillyG's Landing gear down (decisive moment there) and Growl.

Third place goes to Starzee with Bird in Weeds. Lovely photo and was my front runner until I got into judging mode and gave the shortlisted due consideration.

2nd goes to sinnerjohn's Lodestar. Good drama on this. It's an imposing structure, the picture is well framed and the edit adds to it. Nice stuff.

Our winner this week is Geek1956's Hiding behind the curtains.
5BCBF314-A527-4B46-A7F4-85C832D94C4A.jpeg

What's not to like? It's got an engaging, intimate and cute subject. It's got a simple column of dark against the lighter fabric. Nice textures and detail overall, including what looks like food smudges on her cheeks and the cocked, left big toe. And then there's the tension of not knowing how the sentance on her t shirt finishes. It's a... It's a what? ++++

In reverse order...

Hms to terse's Fishing on the edge, JillyG's Landing gear down (decisive moment there) and Growl.

Third place goes to Starzee with Bird in Weeds. Lovely photo and was my front runner until I got into judging mode and gave the shortlisted due consideration.

2nd goes to sinnerjohn's Lodestar. Good drama on this. It's an imposing structure, the picture is well framed and the edit adds to it. Nice stuff.

View attachment 183907

What's not to like? It's got an engaging, intimate and cute subject. It's got a simple column of dark against the lighter fabric. Nice textures and detail overall, including what looks like food smudges on her cheeks and the cocked, left big toe. And then there's the tension of not knowing how the sentance on her t shirt finishes. It's a... It's a what? ++++
Thanks for the third! I like that spot. I feel I have a worthy image and most importantly, no judging! Congratulations to John and, yay, Geek1956! This is my current favorite image!

In reverse order...

View attachment 183907

Thanks rizole for choosing my image and congratulations to Starzee and sinnerjohn for there excellent images

In reverse order...

View attachment 183907

Lovely photo Kevin, well done. Ta for my 2nd rizole, I think the original artist can take most of the credit there. Yay to Star for 3rd, another good one.

Over two challenges this week I've got 1st 2nd and 3rd, I'm honoured and its cheered me up after a not so great weekend :thumbs:

In reverse order...

View attachment 183907

Yay! Well done Geek1956 Kevin. She is such a cutie, how could she fail to win? It’s such a great image too for all the reasons Rizole stated. Congrats to sinnerjohn John for gaining the silver medal (well, the Commonwealth Games are in Birmingham :lol: ), and also to Starzee Star for her bronze.:D Thank you for my HM and hugs to terse Ted for his. I shall now take that little poppets hand and skip with her down to the Gallery. See you there!

Back
Top Bottom