B&W RESULT: #253 Black & White Challenge

Succulents
A53F17B2-5C91-4557-AF6B-AF2E41977A61.jpeg

SuperimposeX, Snapseed

Well well, one of those weeks where you pick a winner midweek and think nothing will top it......until THE LAST MINUTE RUSH !

This weeks winner makes a compelling image in colour or b/w and she's graced us with both versions. Its RoseCat's jelly fish. Weird and wonderful creatures, just like nothing else at all.

1661104859835.png

2nd is ImageArt seagull capture. Could have easily been a winner, either very lucky or very patient! Love how one stands on lookout while the other flies, super composition Anne.

1661105008703.png

Few more this time so I'm going to go 3rd. Another well deserved winner on any other week, rizole's Troubling Waters. Great landscape and topical commentary in the UK with many areas in 'drought'. Which me being cynical I'll have to say its not actually like drought in Africa where people are dying due to lack of water. its just drought in the UK means we are not supposed to use hosepipes :lol:

1661105259934.png

HM's to Geek1956 for the stormtrooper and the possible flying piano and hell the bin chicken too :thumbs: And to JillyG for the brewery and the piglets, two of my favourite things ;).

Good b/w week everyone.

Well well, one of those weeks where you pick a winner midweek and think nothing will top it......until THE LAST MINUTE RUSH !

This weeks winner makes a compelling image in colour or b/w and she's graced us with both versions. Its RoseCat's jelly fish. Weird and wonderful creatures, just like nothing else at all.

View attachment 184682

2nd is ImageArt seagull capture. Could have easily been a winner, either very lucky or very patient! Love how one stands on lookout while the other flies, super composition Anne.

View attachment 184683

Few more this time so I'm going to go 3rd. Another well deserved winner on any other week, rizole's Troubling Waters. Great landscape and topical commentary in the UK with many areas in 'drought'. Which me being cynical I'll have to say its not actually like drought in Africa where people are dying due to lack of water. its just drought in the UK means we are not supposed to use hosepipes :lol:

View attachment 184684

HM's to Geek1956 for the stormtrooper and the possible flying piano and hell the bin chicken too :thumbs: And to JillyG for the brewery and the piglets, two of my favourite things ;).

Good b/w week everyone.

Well judged John, congratulations to RoseCat for her amazing, other worldly, jellyfish image. Congratulations to ImageArt and rizole for the HM

View attachment 184682

View attachment 184683

View attachment 184684

Good b/w week everyone.
Oh wow…. Thank you sinnerjohn John!! As my Brit friends would say…. I’m gobsmacked. :eek: Very pleased to share this honor alongside the fab images from ImageArt Ann and rizole - high fives friends!! :)

View attachment 184682

View attachment 184683

View attachment 184684

Good b/w week everyone.
Thank you John for another great piece of judging (and thank you for my HM :blush: ). Super congratulations to RoseCat Catherine - that’s a wonderful, and unusual image. I think we’re all hoping that this means you might be back with us more often.;) Certainly as far as next week, when you’ll be judging.:lol: Well done to ImageArt Ann for coming in second with her lovely study of seagulls. And hugs to rizole Rizole for his, as John says, very topical image of a drying-up river bed. We’ve had rain since, so hopefully it’s looking better. A good bit of “street” again from Geek1956 Kevin.:thumbs: All in all, a good week to be black and white. I’m off to the Gallery now with Catherine’s jelly fish. I shall be walking very slowly and carefully.:lol: See you there.

View attachment 184682

View attachment 184683

View attachment 184684

Good b/w week everyone.
Thanks, John, for the second place. Yes, Catherine’s jellyfish just superb. Well done to the other winners.

Back
Top Bottom