B&W RESULT: #257 Black & White Challenge

The pattern the oil made, soaking through the kitchen towel onto the baking tray when making orange chicken.
IMG_20220916_200709-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Well this was a hard one - i have to apologise for bombarding the contest with my own entries, while I was busily sunning myself and sipping mojitos on holiday! But the actual entries were super, if only from a restricted clientele.
But even so, the clear winner for me is Rizole with 'Flatshare' for a number of reasons. Firstly I am utterly mystified as to how he go so close to get a pin sharp macro without disturbing the fly. Second, its a great composition and third, the texture and tone are wonderful.
IMG_20220911_175750-01.jpeg

Secondly - at he other extreme, we have JillyG with 'Starlings'
3477780E-B80E-4B03-B9E2-988B003DE29B.jpeg

A lovely restrained photo, with minimal tonality, but lots to see.

Finally we have a third place for Rosecat for 'Farm Accoutrements' - very similar to some of Rizoles entries, but so much going on and layers and layers of texture and tone.
B2AB3731-B875-4CC9-A968-A0958B5A508A.jpeg

and without wanting to appear sycophantic, an Honourable Mention to Riz's cat in a box, both for shwcasing such a handsome animal, but also for the nifty use of colour filters - something we don't see nearly enough of!

Well this was a hard one - i have to apologise for bombarding the contest with my own entries, while I was busily sunning myself and sipping mojitos on holiday! But the actual entries were super, if only from a restricted clientele.
But even so, the clear winner for me is Rizole with 'Flatshare' for a number of reasons. Firstly I am utterly mystified as to how he go so close to get a pin sharp macro without disturbing the fly. Second, its a great composition and third, the texture and tone are wonderful. View attachment 185725
View attachment 185726

Finally we have a third place for Rosecat for 'Farm Accoutrements' - very similar to some of Rizoles entries, but so much going on and layers and layers of texture and tone.
View attachment 185727
TYVM and thanks for my nomination, the cheque is in the post. :notworthy:
Well done JillyG and RoseCat

But even so, the clear winner for me is Rizole with 'Flatshare' for a number of reasons. Firstly I am utterly mystified as to how he go so close to get a pin sharp macro without disturbing the fly. Second, its a great composition and third, the texture and tone are wonderful. View attachment 185725
View attachment 185726

View attachment 185727
Congrats rizole, that kind of puts the cat among the pigeons for #258 now doesn't it ;)
Hip hip for JillyG & RoseCat too.

View attachment 185726

View attachment 185727
Thank you very much Bill. I hope you didn’t feel harried (or hurried). :D Congratulations to rizole Rizole - as Bill says, how did you get so close without dislodging that fly? And how is this macro so sharp? Showcasing the superiority of the Huawei in this area perfectly (not to mention your skill as a photographer). Thank you for my second place Bill, and well done to RoseCat Catherine for coming in third with that lovely potting shed. I will now, very carefully, take Rizole”s Flatshare down to the Gallery, making sure I don’t dislodge anything. See you there.

View attachment 185726

View attachment 185727
Holiday mojitos?? I’m jealous!
Super congrats rizole Riz! That’s an impressive shot indeed… well done. High fives to JillyG Jilly and me! :D I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom