B&W RESULT: #259 Black & White Challenge

Abstract
Photos, Brushstroke
5C145F68-699E-45D7-915D-4A5B80E9755A.jpeg

Some lovely and diverse images this week! :inlove: I don't usually do this, but.... First and Second place go to terse Ted - I couldn't decide on these two, and they both stand out so strongly.

In First Place, terse Ted's "Houseplant". Beautifully graphic, a bit mind-blowing, like one of those posters where you stare at it without blinking until you see the hidden image <insert spinning eye emoji>, and it looks like a Japanese ink painting. And how the plant spills over all the edges and fills the frame. I just love it! :inlove:

1665332551777.png

Second Place is terse Ted's "The view from below". Such crazy cool detail in this mushroom... it looks alien and familiar-in-a-bunch-of-different ways all at once - flower petals? pages in a book? peeling bark? Gorgeous.

1665332713618.png

Third Place for deepop David's "Abstract" - lovely composition, curves, beautiful soft grey tones and velvety feel to this.

1665333047298.png

HM to rizole for "Feline assisted early early morning business administration" - I cannot *not* see a cat wearing a floofy tutu. :lmao: :smirkcat:

Last edited:
Some lovely and diverse images this week! :inlove: I don't usually do this, but.... First and Second place go to terse Ted - I couldn't decide on these two, and they both stand out so strongly.

In First Place, terse Ted's "Houseplant". Beautifully graphic, a bit mind-blowing, like one of those posters where you stare at it without blinking until you see the hidden image <insert spinning eye emoji>, and it looks like a Japanese ink painting. And how the plant spills over all the edges and fills the frame. I just love it! :inlove:

View attachment 186419

Second Place is terse Ted's "The view from below". Such crazy cool detail in this mushroom... it looks alien and familiar-in-a-bunch-of-different ways all at once - flower petals? pages in a book? peeling bark? Gorgeous.

View attachment 186420

Third Place for deepop David's "Abstract" - lovely composition, curves, beautiful soft grey tones and velvety feel to this.

View attachment 186421

HM to rizole for "Feline assisted early early morning business administration" - I cannot *not* see a cat wearing a floofy tutu. :lmao: :smirkcat:
Wow, that's a surprise for a Sunday morning! Thank you and thank you again :notworthy::notworthy: Well done to deepop and rizole too.:thumbs:

View attachment 186419

View attachment 186420

View attachment 186421

Yay, way to go boys. Congratulations terse Ted for your first AND second, well-deserved, places. Two wonderful images. I love the effect that the blinds make on the leaves. Well done to deepop David for third place with that lovely b&w abstract. High fives to rizole Rizole for his HM. Great work people. I’m off to the Gallery now with Ted’s houseplants. Don’t worry Ted, I’ll give them a watering every now and then. :lol:

terse Ted did you shoot those two with your new 14? And/or what kinds of differences are you noticing with it?
The mushroom I shot with the XS, the other with the 14 Pro. Differences? Mmm... I'm still getting to know the new one. So far, one impression is that images from the new phone have less noise. I think the 3x tele is an improvement over the 2x on the XS, not just for the extra reach -- it seems a bit crisper. The ultrawide, which I didn't have on the XS, has been a lot of fun so far, as has the macro mode.

I've shot some ProRaw and some 48mp images but haven't played with them much. I'll have to get around to some printing to get a real feel for whether those'll make a difference for me.

Early days yet. I haven't done any old phone/new phone comparisons -- too busy playing with the new one. But from the XS to the 14 Pro, I jumped 4 generations forward, so the new one ought to be better, and it feels like it is.

Back
Top Bottom