B&W RESULT: #260 Black & White Challenge

A somewhat dark-ish set of images this time. Must be the season, although as Djanga dog shows, dark doesn't necessarily mean gloomy.

First goes to JillyG for "Lavender in the sun," which would make a great relief print, too. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find this kind of shot+processing difficult because it absolutely needs to be extra clean and precise in order to work. The frame here adds extra spark to the image (sez me, who doesn't usually like frames). Beautiful job all around.

253beb74-722a-408a-acbf-d23446718997-jpeg.186568

Second goes to chineezguy for "somewhere in Scotland," a striking panorama with that lovely rolling fog in between the two sets of hills and those clouds in the background to echo it.

4e27f5d7-13c0-455e-ae39-86d06dc9d094-jpeg.186486

Third goes to sinnerjohn for "Zoom zoom zoom." The zoom from a mobile is impressive (considering the distance John must have been from those antlers) but what makes the image for me is the top right to lower left diagonal, the cropping out (I'm guessing) of anything extraneous, and the suspicious look from the antlered one.

pxl_20221008_123558652-jpg.186485

HMs to zenjenny and Carlene for the bounding Djanga, rizole for the sad forgotten soft toy, sinnerjohn for the off-center-but-not flowers in a church, and psmoore for the photo most likely to be zoomed in on.

A somewhat dark-ish set of images this time. Must be the season, although as Djanga dog shows, dark doesn't necessarily mean gloomy.

First goes to JillyG for "Lavender in the sun," which would make a great relief print, too. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find this kind of shot+processing difficult because it absolutely needs to be extra clean and precise in order to work. The frame here adds extra spark to the image (sez me, who doesn't usually like frames). Beautiful job all around.

253beb74-722a-408a-acbf-d23446718997-jpeg.186568

Second goes to chineezguy for "somewhere in Scotland," a striking panorama with that lovely rolling fog in between the two sets of hills and those clouds in the background to echo it.

4e27f5d7-13c0-455e-ae39-86d06dc9d094-jpeg.186486

Third goes to sinnerjohn for "Zoom zoom zoom." The zoom from a mobile is impressive (considering the distance John must have been from those antlers) but what makes the image for me is the top right to lower left diagonal, the cropping out (I'm guessing) of anything extraneous, and the suspicious look from the antlered one.

pxl_20221008_123558652-jpg.186485

HMs to zenjenny and Carlene for the bounding Djanga, rizole for the sad forgotten soft toy, sinnerjohn for the off-center-but-not flowers in a church, and psmoore for the photo most likely to be zoomed in on.
Wow, thank you Ted. I’m thrilled. :hearteyes: Well done to chineezguy Michael and sinnerjohn John for second and third respectively - both great images. Great work from the HMs, and everyone actually. I shall now go off to the Gallery to hang my lavender. See you there.

Back
Top Bottom