B&W RESULT: #262 Black & White Challenge

Even though there weren’t a lot of entries the quality was uniformly high for all.
This week’s winner is Sandra sdimbour with “Tulip and light.” The composition grabs the eye, taking it from fore- to middle to background every time I look at the photo. It’s stark, minimalist and has loads of negative space, and a lovely dark palette set off by several flashes of white.
D59BD0D8-538E-4028-8504-FBBB99ADD473.jpeg

In second is Star @Starzee’s East Road, with its air of mystery. Like, where is the road? It also makes great use of negative space. And the feature that clinches it is brooding illuminated eye overlooking the whole valley.
93141ECD-81F2-4306-A9C9-42F9B426797E.jpeg
In third is Jen zenjenny ’s “Vogue“. The impish eyes aslant , the outdated issue of Vogue project a sense of whimsy I quite like.
D5C2CD5B-EB7A-4819-A27F-D6BC9003A8CC.jpeg

HMs to all, as all the photos were great this week
The TMI trophy to Catherine’s neck.

Even though there weren’t a lot of entries the quality was uniformly high for all.
This week’s winner is Sandra sdimbour with “Tulip and light.” The composition grabs the eye, taking it from fore- to middle to background every time I look at the photo. It’s stark, minimalist and has loads of negative space, and a lovely dark palette set off by several flashes of white.
View attachment 187531
In second is Star @Starzee’s East Road, with its air of mystery. Like, where is the road? It also makes great use of negative space. And the feature that clinches it is brooding illuminated eye overlooking the whole valley.View attachment 187532In third is Jen zenjenny ’s “Vogue“. The impish eyes aslant , the outdated issue of Vogue project a sense of whimsy I quite like.
View attachment 187533

Congratulations sdimbour, Starzee, and zenjenny -- great picks all. :notworthy:

View attachment 187531
In second is Star @Starzee’s East Road, with its air of mystery. Like, where is the road? It also makes great use of negative space. And the feature that clinches it is brooding illuminated eye overlooking the whole valley.View attachment 187532In third is Jen zenjenny ’s “Vogue“. The impish eyes aslant , the outdated issue of Vogue project a sense of whimsy I quite like.
View attachment 187533

Thank you so much for my second! I always find the BnW challenge very competitive and am thrilled to be recognized. Congratulations to sdimbour Sandra and zenjenny Jen!

View attachment 187531
View attachment 187533

Thank you David. Congratulations Sandra, that’s a beautifully composed and edited image. :notworthy: Well done to Starzee Star and zenjenny Jen for second and third respectively - those two, very different, but brilliant images. High fives to everyone as HMs, and RoseCat Catherine gets a trophy!!!! But then she did have to have a dodgy neck to get it.:lol: I shall now take Sandra’s tulip and light down to the Gallery. See you there.

View attachment 187531
View attachment 187533

Great choices, David. Congrats sdimbour Sandra!! High fives to Starzee Star and zenjenny Jen! And I’m :lol: at my TMI Trophy. ;) :mobibabe:

Back
Top Bottom