B&W RESULT: #266 Black and White Challenge…Ends 1/1/2023

The end is nigh

6A6C94D3-5138-4054-A253-3D0A9C810BF6.jpeg

Collage. Original image evolved in NightCafe, collaged with SketchClub and Union, copped, brightened and desaturated in SnapSeed. Frame also added in SnapSeed because the white of the placard looked weird bleeding out into space.

HM's to chineezguy and his uncanny horror doll and Web-Betty with her first sub to the B&W thread of Merry Christmas (for those who celebrate). Nice.

In third this week is sdimbour with Dizzy POV. Always quality, always with exquisite construction and an interesting subject to boot.

Another circular one in second, it's WildPlace and My friend Seonaid looking a bit 007 in a tunnel under the high speed railway somewhere in Spain. Strong image with a natural vingette and a high contrast central figure silhouetted against the glare.

Our winner this week is zenjenny with The end is nigh.
6A6C94D3-5138-4054-A253-3D0A9C810BF6.jpeg

A lovely composition. I love how the central figure is leaving the frame and his message is curtailed as if the end has already come and is exiting, stage right. There's indistinct errors and glitches throughout the image that add a feel of impending something. The central figure's face is...probably a face but I'm not sure his hat is a hat. The looming figures in the background are defocused but look almost casual, but look almost casual in a laconic, empathyless way. Good balance and weight. Nice.

HM's to chineezguy and his uncanny horror doll and Web-Betty with her first sub to the B&W thread of Merry Christmas (for those who celebrate). Nice.

In third this week is sdimbour with Dizzy POV. Always quality, always with exquisite construction and an interesting subject to boot.

Another circular one in second, it's WildPlace and My friend Seonaid looking a bit 007 in a tunnel under the high speed railway somewhere in Spain. Strong image with a natural vingette and a high contrast central figure silhouetted against the glare.

View attachment 188665

A lovely composition. I love how the central figure is leaving the frame and his message is curtailed as if the end has already come and is exiting, stage right. There's indistinct errors and glitches throughout the image that add a feel of impending something. The central figure's face is...probably a face but I'm not sure his hat is a hat. The looming figures in the background are defocused but look almost casual, but look almost casual in a laconic, empathyless way. Good balance and weight. Nice.
Great choice of winner rizole and well done to you zenjenny it really is a thought provoking image. Well done also to sdimbour and to the HM peeps. Must have been a tricky one to judge :)

View attachment 188665

Congratulations zenjenny -- that looked like a winner to me, too. Well done to WildPlace, sdimbour, chineezguy, and Web-Betty as well. :notworthy:

View attachment 188665

I really liked zenjenny Jen’s image, too. Congrats everyone!

View attachment 188665

Thank you, Sam - appreciate the win and your reading :notworthy: :)
Congrats WildPlace, sdimbour, chineezguy and Web-Betty :thumbs: :) :thumbs:

PS: The hat started as a beanie in Mixerpiece app.

Back
Top Bottom