APPstract RESULT: 2WEEKLY APPSTRACT #15 8 June

View attachment 146325

Something angelic to temper Jilly’s cataclysmic and Ted’s and David’s psychedelic :lol:

SnapSeed Union AutoSplash Pixlr

I found AutoSplash in a folder I haven’t looked in for a while. I waited patiently while it crashed three or four times loading up a photo, and again every time I saved an image... For no good reason: it’s a very basic paint-on filter app, not much in the way of controls (or filters, for that matter). I’ve deleted it now, but it was fun while it lasted.
Impressive, but wasn't Lucifer an Angel?

I went trolling through my Photos roll and found some things I forgot I’d done.
Starry Night I
iColorama, SuperimposeX, AlienSky
AF6F329C-FAF8-413D-B1A6-195ED546B512.jpeg

Starry Night II
MRRW, LoryStripes, iColorama
C9BB6FD6-ADF1-4D9B-9197-AC29DBE687AB.jpeg

Starry Night I
View attachment 146354

Starry Night II
View attachment 146355
I like that LoryStripes one. I don't think I've ever managed to get anything postable out of it. It defeats me. (And laughs. Can't you hear it laughing? Right there.)

My point was not all Angels are Angelic. You rude Jen??? Never :lmao:

Ooohhh. You made me Google (it’s not hard to do :)) seems amongst Biblical scholars there is a lot of debate about the fallen angel thing - the arguments were too complex for me - but I did learn that ‘Lucifer’ translated to ‘morning star’ and/or to ‘Venus’.

Now y’all know why nobody ever wants me at their trivia quiz table :mobibabe:

Starry Night I
View attachment 146354

Starry Night II
View attachment 146355

I don’t know how you could forget you had done these, David. :notworthy:

And ‘what Ted said’ about the Lord Stripes edit (except for the paranoid stuff *cough*)

The other-worldly world of Jen’s work bag OR The Dentist is Running Late
0D862CB2-0126-4C1C-ACD7-86D11E5E819D.jpeg

Challenge: in 15 mins, using one app, create an abstract from a photograph of nothing in particular. Image of work bag with the Enlight camera, filter, glitche-ing and paint in Enlight, layered in Union. I saw a figure in the dentist’ chair, and started getting a bit complicated (‘I’ll glitch in the dentist! and the nurse! and the equipment tray! and the window! ...’) before I realised I was probably having a minor panic attack, and settled for my little cave painting.

I like Enlight. I can’t recall if anyone here went the subscription route with Photofox ? And if you did, what you think?

EC915BB8-7EA9-4D53-8B85-2CD56E63F706.jpeg

The other-worldly world of Jen’s work bag OR The Dentist is Running Late
View attachment 146411

Challenge: in 15 mins, using one app, create an abstract from a photograph of nothing in particular. Image of work bag with the Enlight camera, filter, glitche-ing and paint in Enlight, layered in Union. I saw a figure in the dentist’ chair, and started getting a bit complicated (‘I’ll glitch in the dentist! and the nurse! and the equipment tray! and the window! ...’) before I realised I was probably having a minor panic attack, and settled for my little cave painting.

I like Enlight. I can’t recall if anyone here went the subscription route with Photofox ? And if you did, what you think?

View attachment 146412
Challenge using one app.........Enlight and Union ? There was an Enlight TWAC if you recall, most folk liked the app but then never use it :rolleyes:
On another matter I'm always curious why abstracting seems to take dozens of apps, do you gain more kudos for using more apps, where maybe one would do............yeah I know I'm not getting it ;)

I do like the premise of a speed edit though, probably because I haven't the patience to use multiple apps :lol:

There was an Enlight TWAC if you recall, most folk liked the app but then never use it :rolleyes:

I think terse and deepop use it a bit....

On another matter I'm always curious why abstracting seems to take dozens of apps, do you gain more kudos for using more apps, where maybe one would do............yeah I know I'm not getting it ;)

I don’t think so (more apps::more kudos). I don’t think abstracting necessarily takes dozens of apps, either - depends what you want to do. Also I think as art/editing apps get more sophisticated a lot of digital [abstract] artists are likely to prefer a few trusted, high quality multi-function apps over the myriad of single function apps we had five or six years ago. iColorama comes to mind, of course.

I’d be interested to hear what ImageArt JillyG juryjone Starzee RoseCat Glenton and other people who have been app-stracting for years think . . . ?

I do like the premise of a speed edit though, probably because I haven't the patience to use multiple apps :lol:

Okay, you all heard him!

Take a photo of something close by. One app (Plus Union, of course, if you want to layer :alien:). Fifteen minutes. Go :thumbs:

I don’t think so (more apps::more kudos). I don’t think abstracting necessarily takes dozens of apps, either - depends what you want to do. Also I think as art/editing apps get more sophisticated a lot of digital [abstract] artists are likely to prefer a few trusted, high quality multi-function apps over the myriad of single function apps we had five or six years ago. iColorama comes to mind, of course.

I’d be interested to hear what ImageArt JillyG juryjone Starzee RoseCat Glenton and other people who have been app-stracting for years think . . . ?

Okay, you all heard him!

Take a photo of something close by. One app (Plus Union, of course, if you want to layer :alien:). Fifteen minutes. Go :thumbs:
Never one to shy away from a challenge (unless it involves getting cold and wet!).:)

Entirely Enlight

92921D65-8CC7-4DF1-A535-4CB96CA7A8C0.jpeg

I still use Enlight. Only yesterday I was messing about putting a rainbow in a photo using Enlight. This is a little model caravan that Rog bought for me from Norfolk. He’s put little lights inside. Photographed just now and apped as instructed.

Okay, you all heard him!

I think that sinnerjohn John is being a little tinker. :rolleyes: Poking a potential hornets’ nest to see what comes out.:D Naughty John! I say the more apps the better. Save every time you move from one app to another and, if you don’t like the end result you can just rewind to the one you do like.:D

Entirely Enlight

View attachment 146414
I still use Enlight. Only yesterday I was messing about putting a rainbow in a photo using Enlight. This is a little model caravan that Rog bought for me from Norfolk. He’s put little lights inside. Photographed just now and apped as instructed.
brilliant, is there a tiny caravan in the window of the tiny caravan to infinity?

Back
Top Bottom