• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAbstractChallenge #20 16-30 August

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
starzee.jpeg

Welcome to MobiTog’s
2Weekly APPstract Challenge :)

Rules:

1. Interpret the theme however you choose
2. Using apps
3. Tell us something about your interpretation

TWO weeks: Friday to Friday (14 days, roughly)
Winner: judges next round and chooses theme (or no theme) for that round

Please see: Rules & Guidelines for MobiChallenges HERE

This week:
Judge: Starzee Star
Theme: Line, Color, Shape

Last edited:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Line, Colour, Shape

599C5841-1E01-47A1-BD7D-0262F2101414.jpeg

The edge of a AddLib S/Dubble/collage piece: BigPhoto for crop and resize, filter & texture in Pixlr, saturation, smoothing & frame in SnapSeed. Some of original markings = SketchClub brushes.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Barry Manilow Moon

View attachment 148505

Lightweaver, Enlight
This reminds me of an app I miss. It was one of my first apps, when the AppStore had about ten items on the shelves, and it disappeared with one of the early major updates. GroovyGouvy would remember — was it Substrate? Really nice lines and curves, and I think lightly textured sand building up with the lines.... Sigh. I’ve not seen anything like it since.

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
1E3461BC-8DD4-4123-9A32-191E0DD9220D.jpeg

This recently discovered cave painting, here restored to its original colors, is known informally as "Sisyphus in the Afternoon" and is thought to be the progenitor of the Greek myth. The late film director Eric Rohmer was reportedly planning a film based on the painting at the time of his death.

Flower photo -> BeCasso -> AdLib S -> BeCasso -> iColorama -> ACDSee Pro

Last edited:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 148541

This recently discovered cave painting, here restored to its original colors, is known informally as "Sisyphus in the Afternoon" and is thought to be the progenitor of the Greek myth. The late film director Eric Rohmer was reportedly planning a film based on the painting at the time of his death.
Hmmmmm. :rolleyes: Recently discovered where? California? But whoever made it, it’s lovely. Fab colours.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
A Spring palette!

Each patch has a different texture/brushstroke ?! How did you do that?
I took it into iColorama from Procreate and gave it a Texture>Paper, but masked off some shapes. When I edited it in Photo ArtistaOil, the masked off bits took on what appears to be different textures (but I don’t think they were).

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Leaving your mark.
A6426340-C06B-4D8C-969C-D2200F185A93.jpeg

aramaC

And now, are you paying attention? The new vector autotrace in Vectornator X. Yes, the first app to make autotrace on iOS. I’ve just done a quick conversion here but you can imagine the implications for you abstractifiers.

2309EC8F-1E57-4251-AE4C-80E83A6023C5.jpeg