MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
053D46A9-9FDF-43A7-B708-58F75767ED35.jpeg

Welcome to MobiTog’s 2Weekly APPstract Challenge :)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme however you choose
2. Using apps
3. Tell us something about your interpretation

TWO weeks: Friday to Friday (14 days, roughly)
Winner: judges next round and chooses theme (or no theme) for that round

Please see: Rules & Guidelines for MobiChallenges HERE

This week:

Judge: rizole
Theme: d:)ts, sp;)ts, p:sneaky:ints, pixels

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you start with here, Brian? If not for that Decim8-ish pixelation top R, the image sortof looks as if ‘that’s how it’s supposed to look’ :thumbs:
Of course originally I started with a regular photo of a butterfly on some green vegetation.
Then after extensive editing in Affinity and Procreate to balance the tones and tidy up the edges it was converted to this vectorized version. I kept going back and editing the picture until I got the type of result I wanted in the vector conversion. This required the levels to be very much the same all across the butterfly to get the effect I wanted. And the result had a bunch more editing in Procreate to fix up some of the shapes and colours. And at that point it sat for a while until I could decide what to do with it.
8326B80C-63EE-4D1D-B4F3-20FB81D79C23.jpeg

Then for this thread it got the rock treatment in Painnt, which I liked because it produced lots of spots and 3D texture and shaping (the rocks). And then something else I can’t remember, before it ended up in Decim8, through several iterations. I wanted it fractured but not lost.

Of course originally I started with a regular photo of a butterfly on some green vegetation.
Then after extensive editing in Affinity and Procreate to balance the tones and tidy up the edges it was converted to this vectorized version. I kept going back and editing the picture until I got the type of result I wanted in the vector conversion. This required the levels to be very much the same all across the butterfly to get the effect I wanted. And the result had a bunch more editing in Procreate to fix up some of the shapes and colours. And at that point it sat for a while until I could decide what to do with it.
View attachment 149172
Then for this thread it got the rock treatment in Painnt, which I liked because it produced lots of spots and 3D texture and shaping (the rocks). And then something else I can’t remember, before it ended up in Decim8, through several iterations. I wanted it fractured but not lost.

I’m in awe of artists who who have such a clear & specific vision of what they want to achieve — and then pull it off! :notworthy:

I’m in awe of artists who who have such a clear & specific vision of what they want to achieve — and then pull it off! :notworthy:
I’m often puzzled how people are able to produce such interesting things without knowing where they are going.
The problem with knowing where you are going is that you have to be able to imagine it first and then try to figure out how to get there. So it is limited by the scope of my imagination. Imagination can get new ideas along the way while doing something unplanned. But I think everyone at some point sees something interesting happening and tries to encourage that direction while abandoning things that don’t lead in the right direction.

I don’t often work with dots and spots so this challenge has me looking in new areas to find what makes spots.
D0AF700F-E749-4B5A-A1B9-52CA13216322.jpeg

This started life as a selfie made in the outrageous MSQRD app, so right away you know I look nothing like this. It was further transmogrified in Painnt and ameraC and for this challenge Aerograph and Procreate for the un-painting.

Back
Top Bottom