• > Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and your MobiStaff... x x <

RESULT: 2WeeklyAPPstract #22 14-28 September

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I like it. Is Repix still a thing? It went from the Android App thingy.
Thank you. I think Repix is still a thing. It is for me. When Sam & co stopped supporting Stackables and Union went subscription, I panicked and got a 2nd hand iPad Air which ha# all my favourite apps and which I will not update! (I have to keep reminding myself).

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Thank you. I think Repix is still a thing. It is for me. When Sam & co stopped supporting Stackables and Union went subscription, I panicked and got a 2nd hand iPad Air which ha# all my favourite apps and which I will not update! (I have to keep reminding myself).
I still have my mini ipad which is still on IOS10. Hope it never gives up!

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Repix is still working on iOS 12, but it hasn't been updated in over 3 years. iOS 13 is due out tomorrow, so we should know if Repix survives the jump or not pretty soon.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Repix is still working on iOS 12, but it hasn't been updated in over 3 years. iOS 13 is due out tomorrow, so we should know if Repix survives the jump or not pretty soon.
Oh, I hope so. We are starting to lose some of my favourite apps. I don’t agree with subscription but I would be prepared to pay for major upgrades which Apple won’t allow. I really wonder if upgrades were allowed whether it wouldn’t generate as much money? Do people really pay subscriptions?

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I've just downloaded it again from an unofficial android store, its obviously way behind and impossible to buy the extras, but its still a decent app.

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Oh, I hope so. We are starting to lose some of my favourite apps. I don’t agree with subscription but I would be prepared to pay for major upgrades which Apple won’t allow. I really wonder if upgrades were allowed whether it wouldn’t generate as much money? Do people really pay subscriptions?
I pay for Over. If I can get so I understand one of the vector apps we’ll enough to do my lettering, it so t be necessary any more. I don’t think.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I pay for Over. If I can get so I understand one of the vector apps we’ll enough to do my lettering, it so t be necessary any more. I don’t think.
If that day ever comes, will you explain it to me?
Also what has Over to do with vectors?

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
If that day ever comes, will you explain it to me?
Also what has Over to do with vectors?
Absolutely nothing. But the vector apps all seem to have a way with fonts. My reason for subscribing is the hundred fonts I’ve collected in it. It was free when I started, but to keep all the fonts on all my devices I had to subscribe. I have most of them in AnyFont but I haven’t figured out how to export them to, say, Affinity or ArtStudio Pro. With Over I put together the text, export it as a PNG and throw is into any layering app I want. Since it’s in my photos, too, I can reuse it later.

The thing that intrigues me about vectors is they can be endlessly resized, at least that’s what I’ve heard. I just need to master one app and with any luck I can get most of my favorite fonts into it.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Absolutely nothing. But the vector apps all seem to have a way with fonts. My reason for subscribing is the hundred fonts I’ve collected in it. It was free when I started, but to keep all the fonts on all my devices I had to subscribe. I have most of them in AnyFont but I haven’t figured out how to export them to, say, Affinity or ArtStudio Pro. With Over I put together the text, export it as a PNG and throw is into any layering app I want. Since it’s in my photos, too, I can reuse it later.

The thing that intrigues me about vectors is they can be endlessly resized, at least that’s what I’ve heard. I just need to master one app and with any luck I can get most of my favorite fonts into it.
All this talk of fonts made me go off and have a look at AnyFont. Then I saw someone talking about DaFont.com and went there. I’ve only just made my way out, but it was touch and go! Sooooooooo many fabulous fonts free to download. I’ve downloaded some into Phonto. So thank you. :thumbs:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Autumn Birds

View attachment 149710

Apps I remember to have used: Apple cam, Snapseed, Art Old Face Cam
Nice autumn palette. Here in Au we are doing spring: wildflowers and green trees, bees and birds blue blue skies and sea — and that knowledge that the harsh browns and reds and shimmering golds of summer are not far away

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The meanest thing is that apple forces you to upgrade. Why can't we downgrade anymore?! Or at least step by step. When I got my replacement iPod it had 10.1 on it. Back up wasn't possible as the broken one had 10.4. Now I have the choice to leave it as is and put on back the apps I remember one by one or upgrade to 12, now even 13, knowing the apps I really want won't work anymore. I hate that. Could I just upgrade to 10.4 the problem would be solved. :angry:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I know there is a way to install fonts on the device itself. Or was. If an app uses the device fonts you're free. But that was 10.x I'm speaking of. Haven't tried yet. Will try to think of what apps were necessary.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
All this talk of fonts made me go off and have a look at AnyFont. Then I saw someone talking about DaFont.com and went there. I’ve only just made my way out, but it was touch and go! Sooooooooo many fabulous fonts free to download. I’ve downloaded some into Phonto. So thank you. :thumbs:
Ah, see! Problem solved. :thumbs:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Ah, great tip, Jilly.