This is my first appearance as a judge on Mobitog and my goodness, how hard is this!

I must be honest that I have a couple of biases when I am judging in that I am a real tart when it comes to colour – the brighter the better! I also love manipulated photographs so this probably tints my choice a little too. However, as the challenge revolved around people, I set this as an important criteria together with colour. How much did the human element speak?

I ended up with 5 photographs that I struggled to cut down to 3 so I have a First, Second, Third plus 2 honorable mentions.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Honorable mentions go to FotoLumas because my goodness that is a bunch of merry wives if every I did see one and the colours are delicious. An honourable mention also goes to Glenton for his photo ‘Studying’. I love the concentration on the little boy’s face as well as the angle and composition and the harmony of the colours.

THIRD PLACE

Third place goes to Terse for his evocative photo and his ‘title’. Wonderful sharp colours with a fascinating human element.

SECOND PLACE

Second place to Rebecka for Baby in a “pulka”. I mean how can you not fall in love with that massive smile and colourful wrapping accentuated by the snow. Fab.

FIRST PLACE

First place goes to Darren@RI for his Vivacious! Love the pose, the specs and all that wonderful colour to go with it.

Congrats to all. I agree entirely. I think Ted should also get an award for being at the scene of a crime before it was committed. He probably saved a life there (probably). I will always wonder what happened to grandma ;).

This is my first appearance as a judge on Mobitog and my goodness, how hard is this!

I must be honest that I have a couple of biases when I am judging in that I am a real tart when it comes to colour – the brighter the better! I also love manipulated photographs so this probably tints my choice a little too. However, as the challenge revolved around people, I set this as an important criteria together with colour. How much did the human element speak?

I ended up with 5 photographs that I struggled to cut down to 3 so I have a First, Second, Third plus 2 honorable mentions.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Honorable mentions go to FotoLumas because my goodness that is a bunch of merry wives if every I did see one and the colours are delicious. An honourable mention also goes to Glenton for his photo ‘Studying’. I love the concentration on the little boy’s face as well as the angle and composition and the harmony of the colours.

THIRD PLACE

Third place goes to Terse for his evocative photo and his ‘title’. Wonderful sharp colours with a fascinating human element.

SECOND PLACE

Second place to Rebecka for Baby in a “pulka”. I mean how can you not fall in love with that massive smile and colourful wrapping accentuated by the snow. Fab.

FIRST PLACE

First place goes to Darren@RI for his Vivacious! Love the pose, the specs and all that wonderful colour to go with it.
Congrats to DarrenRi and the runner ups! Hat of to the honorable mentions!

ImageArt, Ann you also got the power to choose the upcoming week theme. :)

Last edited:

I know, right??? :oops: There is so much talent here and there are so many styles and viewpoints. I love that judging gets shared and passed along. Other people often notice things I wouldn't have and give me a fresh view I might have missed!

Thank you for the mention! I love how bright and graphic our costuming is. That tableau in the "Queen's" pavilion just set them off so well.

Congratulations to the winners, runners up and honorable mentions! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Now, terse , go save that lady, before her greedy relative rolls her over the edge! :eek:

I think the freedom to indulge your biases is part of the reward for winning the previous challenge.:D

Congratulations to all. As ever, judging is the most difficult aspect of any challenge

*what David & Ted said* . Plus: I love reading the judge's comments in mobi challenges almost as much as I love looking at the images - always something to learn/see thru different eyes :inlove: :notworthy: :thumbs:

Congrats Darren Ted Rebecca Rodolfo and Tara - love your work :D

PS ImageArt i also like the idea of a theme :whistle: :mobibabe:

Oh dear. Late again. Umm, ummm. I really wanted to go for flowers but not easy for many at this time of the year so I'm going for DECOR. It can be inside or outside. A bright bench, a fab coffee shop, something in your house, a room.
Excellent theme! :thumbs:

Tragically, grandpa disappeared a year or so ago on a night fishing trip with his grandson to the alligator-infested swamps of the Everglades. All they found was his I [heart] Florida baseball cap. Tragic. o_O
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom