Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #3!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, as well as deciding
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R ! !

The theme for this week shall be:

People/Humans.

The shot has to have People/humans (1 or more) in it. They have to be placed somewhere in the foreground in some form. The only "no-no" really is People/Humans in the distant horizon. Other than that feel free to mix and match whatever you like with People/Humans.

25a39d5c5a0a95a69be0e13713224996.jpg

The soothing forest.

Captured with IPhone 6 plus. Moment lens: Wide. preEdited in Pixelmator 6 months ago. re Edited in Snapseed, Polarr and Lightroom mobile.

25a39d5c5a0a95a69be0e13713224996.jpg

The soothing forest.

Captured with IPhone 6 plus. Moment lens: Wide. preEdited in Pixelmator 6 months ago. re Edited in Snapseed, Polarr and Lightroom mobile.
Awesome shot. And awesome place for a hammock!! [emoji173]️[emoji106] Were you guys camping or <jealous sigh> is this your backyard?

Awesome shot. And awesome place for a hammock!! [emoji173]️[emoji106] Were you guys camping or <jealous sigh> is this your backyard?
I wish backyard! It's actually from the same place as my other shot "Preparations". (submitted to Mobi mono) Rosenhill. The farm/collective/Bohemian jive.

Three

image.jpeg

SnapSeed brushstroke Union.
The pic was (what's the word for not clear sharp light?) - shot in very harsh sunlight and I didn't think too much about where the shadows were. I considered posting I the 'help' thread 'how to make the best of a blurry or poorly lit shot' and I'd still like to know. For now I decided to try and make it look as if I meant it that way - hence the touch of bright vignette in SnapSeed and a bit of density in brushstroke.

Tbh though what I'd originally loved was the bright colour and sharp detail/contrast in the clothing of the three women - and the ref to the persistent mythology about women in hijab as somehow more austere and certainly very different to women in typically western dress. These three young women (plus one just out of shot) were casually seated, playing with their phones, digging in their designer handbags and giggling and laughing for all the world like any other group of young women in the same mall.

Last edited:
Wow, that's very different from you, and very good. The painterly texturing is great, smearing [<- technical term] just enough so that the scene stays clearly intact and yet gives some room to the imagination. And I love the way the bright glow on the left (and that glowing purse) fades to the dark clothing on the right with the dark red in between. Wish I'd done this.:thumbs::notworthy:

First kiss
Background 2 unsplash photos (kissers - Greg Rokozy, wall - Rodion Kutsaev) Superimpose(d) and colors tweaked in MaxCurves, foreground Superimpose(d), some TouchRetouch
View attachment 73567

Striking (I think someone already said that) and I love the idea of blending/collaging public domain source images with your own. And I'd love to see this image in the Valentine's thread, as well...? 'First kiss'? Nice to have one of those in the Valentine's thread? :)

Hafta say I agree with sinnerjohn John's 'nice to have the theme' - it's nice to see what people come up with and (strictly subjective pov) themes also make it clear to be where my comfort zones aren't, and/or where I don't necessarily feel to take pictures.

Slightly related - I love street photography, but I'm conflicted about ethics. I was quietly mortified and still haven't stopped thinking about one of the Hipsta wins which describes (as I read it) a kind of overcoming of the resistance of the subject and a glib satisfaction in having won the 'fight' - with the eventual effect of course of the unwilling subject's person being visible to millions of viewers worldwide.

An extreme example - and sometimes extreme examples make the point.

Hafta say I agree with sinnerjohn John's 'nice to have the theme' - it's nice to see what people come up with and (strictly subjective pov) themes also make it clear to be where my comfort zones aren't, and/or where I don't necessarily feel to take pictures.

Slightly related - I love street photography, but I'm conflicted about ethics. I was quietly mortified and still haven't stopped thinking about one of the Hipsta wins which describes (as I read it) a kind of overcoming of the resistance of the subject and a glib satisfaction in having won the 'fight' - with the eventual effect of course of the unwilling subject's person being visible to millions of viewers worldwide.

An extreme example - and sometimes extreme examples make the point.
You make street photography sound like big game hunting ;)

I think that 'street photographer' makes street photography sound (and look) exactly like big game hunting.
This whole subject could probably have a thread of its own, I did mention it elsewhere on Mobitog. I call it soul stealing, the taking of images without consent. There is a moral dilemma indeed. Surely a 'street photographer' can't ask permission every time he or she takes a photo? But that snap may indeed be the unwilling subject's portrait that is visible to millions of viewers worldwide. But hey the theme just said people, so it could be your family or friends just as much as a 'perfect stranger'.
Since I joined Mobitog I've very much enjoyed the social interaction here, that used to be present on Flickr, but has sadly died away. The only thing is....... it sometimes distracts from the lovely images...............so er I'll shut up :p

Striking (I think someone already said that) and I love the idea of blending/collaging public domain source images with your own. And I'd love to see this image in the Valentine's thread, as well...? 'First kiss'? Nice to have one of those in the Valentine's thread? :)
I started out on this for the Valentine's Day challenge but ended up sans Pixie apps. I'll post it in the love month challenge instead

Back
Top Bottom