• MobiTog Has Moved!

The MobiTog mobile photography community lived here from 2010 to 2024. Thanks to all who joined us over the years and made it such a great place. We've now moved to Discord and hope you'll join us there.

This site is now closed. Until the end of June, you can still view threads and images here, but you won't be able to post anything new. At the end of June, the site will disappear.

If you're a MobiTog member, you can join MobiTog on Discord by opening a free Discord account and then following this invitation link. If you run into problems joining, you can send us an email.

APPstract RESULT! #61 Showcase your favourite apps

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Welcome to APPstract #61
07-28 Nov (or thereabouts)

60DDCB97-8EF3-44C3-AF67-E035D7D495C1.jpeg

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us about your edit
See previous APPstracts here

Theme: NO THEME - but showcase your favourite APPs

Judge: juryjone Jerry

Attachments

• A7F872EC-5AE3-46F1-AB15-02CF1DD4ECD0.jpeg
    A7F872EC-5AE3-46F1-AB15-02CF1DD4ECD0.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 73
  • D904DD13-5E5E-4B88-841A-A21B33F6AC39.jpeg
    D904DD13-5E5E-4B88-841A-A21B33F6AC39.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
No theme: but showcase your favourite apps
What apps for this, maestra? Especially what made those liquid ghosts?
Busted :lmao: No excuse, but I posted the image half asleep and before the theme

The ghostly apparitions are from a paint drip bg you would have seen many times in my 52 last year. Likewise the ‘Black’ bg which probably came up in Dubble all those years ago. I have to believe it’s not just me who keeps favourite backgrounds/textures forever.

I liked this blend when came up in FotoDa: cropped in SnapSeed and filter in DistressedFx :mobibabe: :oops::D

Last edited:
6B1823AC-8CB8-444B-9356-F133B8E0FC40.jpeg

My favourite APPstract apps are the random generators and/or apps that help me to randomise fragments and combinations: Dubble (RIP) Diana4 FotoDa Diptic

This one didn’t work out quite how I wanted. A weird figure I picked up in Dubble. Repeated in all of those Diptic frames and filtered randomly with SnapSeed Grunge.

77545264-6E63-459B-8DF8-1039BA59DB01.jpeg

Well, you look scary, but have you met my bodyguard?

Using my favorite apps: Leonardo for masked PNGs and layering; iColorama for processing first the background shot and then the final merge to try to make it look more one piece; Mextures for an overlay; and ACDSee Pro for adjusting lighting and color.

Last edited:
View attachment 187572

Well, you look scary, but have you met my bodyguard?

Using my favorite apps: Leonardo for masked PNGs and layering; iColorama for processing forst the background shot and then the final merge to try to make it look more one piece; Mextures for an overlay; and ACDSee Pro for adjusting lighting and color.
This is fab… especially the giant squirrel. :D

Our Love Got Fractured in the Echo and Sway

As might be guessed most of my images go through iColorama; if not that, Snapseed. But at @zenjenny’s recommendation, I got this from a 2013 tutorial on Fragment. It also used another Pixite app, LoryStripes, as well as iColorama.

1060EAD2-E058-4859-A204-3EF0EC9BE895.jpeg

As might be guessed most of my images go through iColorama; if not that, Snapseed. But at @zenjenny’s recommendation, I got this from a 2013 tutorial on Fragment. It also used another Pixite app, LoryStripes, as well as iColorama.

View attachment 187606
Great use of LoryStripes! I totally forgot about that app.

Great use of LoryStripes! I totally forgot about that app.
I also forget about LoryStripes and another Pixite app, Matter, because I never really think of a use for their shapes/objects. I see stuff on Instagram that I like, but . . . Different visual networks, maybe.

58242FF4-BEFF-4CBF-AC01-6539FE60D977.jpeg

Nightcafe and Diptic

Don’t know about ‘favourite‘ but I’ve been fascinated with the images juryjone Jerry and dscheff Jeffery are producing in Nightcafe and other AI text-to-image editors. This is ‘prince of cups tarot card’ ‘pop art style’ ‘evolved’ twice (I don’t really get what ‘evolved does - sometimes it seems simply to return the same image) .
Diptic has a randomise fx that brings up some interesting combinations.

View attachment 187606
I was a fan of LoryStripes, too. I managed to make a Procreate brush with one of the stripes, wish I had taken the time to make more.

Edit: Hey, it still works! Know what I’m wasting away the afternoons doing this week!

In to each life some rain must fall

06939BF6-9B8A-45BC-988C-1DF84316F2A4.jpeg

Image made by masking fragments from various FotoDa or Diana4 bgs. Crop in Snapseed Oil paint in Brushstroke Filters in DistressedFX.
(Brushstroke and Glaze are two painterly-ish apps I tend to forget about until I see one of ImageArt Ann’s wonderful creations).

Back
Top Bottom