B&W RESULT:#75 Black & White Challenge

PenultimateFullSizeRender.jpg

River in LUCCA [emoji634]

Snapseed, long exposure

That adorable photo of Toby brings this particular Black and White Challenge to a close. As last week’s worthy winner, it’s time for terse Ted to choose his favourites. Whenever you have a moment Ted.:thumbs:

Last edited:
First goes to rizole for the first image in his "Tour de Yorkshire" set. It's sharp, it's clean, and it has a great low POV that accentuates the mad action. It also shows that sometimes it's OK to have people cut off by the frame because here that makes me feel I'm in the middle of the rush.

20180506_122756_004_01-01-jpeg.109245

Second goes to tomklyn "Future Star" -- a charming capture with a slightly soft look and mostly high-key lighting that work perfectly together.

img_0655-jpg.109303

Third goes to sinnerjohn for "good morning Yogi" and not just because I love cat pictures. It's sharp (important for whiskers and fur) and it has excellent tones, but what really makes it for me is the perspective, which gives a wonderful curving swoop to the ears.

yogi-jpg.109378

Honorable mentions to sdimbour for "Fish at the American Natural History of New York," to deepop for "She's not there" with its odd negative effect, and to Lynne.Peterson "River in LUCCA," a great use of long exposure.

First goes to rizole for the first image in his "Tour de Yorkshire" set. It's sharp, it's clean, and it has a great low POV that accentuates the mad action. It also shows that sometimes it's OK to have people cut off by the frame because here that makes me feel I'm in the middle of the rush.

Second goes to tomklyn "Future Star" -- a charming capture with a slightly soft look and mostly high-key lighting that work perfectly together.

img_0655-jpg.109303

Third goes to sinnerjohn for "good morning Yogi" and not just because I love cat pictures. It's sharp (important for whiskers and fur) and it has excellent tones, but what really makes it for me is the perspective, which gives a wonderful curving swoop to the ears.

yogi-jpg.109378

Honorable mentions to sdimbour for "Fish at the American Natural History of New York," to deepop for "She's not there" with its odd negative effect, and to Lynne.Peterson "River in LUCCA," a great use of long exposure.

Excellent excellent choices! Congratulations to everyone [emoji898]
Thank you so much for the honorable mention [emoji4]

img_0655-jpg.109303

yogi-jpg.109378

A lovely piece of judging Ted. rizole Rizole’s Tour de Yorkshire (that always makes me laugh - “de”:lol:) image is a great one for all of the reasons you so eloquently itemised. Well done to tomklyn Thomas and sinnerjohn John - both wonderful portraits. Claps on the back too to Sandra, David and Lynne - I loved all of those. Another week of really high-standard images. Thank you to everyone who posted - you’re all stars to me. I’m now off to the Gallery with Rizole’s wonderful cycle race image. You know, these cycle races are not just dangerous for the cyclists and this year’s was no exception. :rolleyes:

img_0655-jpg.109303

yogi-jpg.109378

Thank you very much. :notworthy:
Well done tomklyn and sinnerjohn and to all the HM's.

img_0655-jpg.109303

yogi-jpg.109378

Nice choices, Ted. Congrats to all the winners and HMs. Thanks for the HM.

Congrats to all winner and HM !!! Well done [emoji106]

And thanks for the HM [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom