B&W RESULT:#83 Black & White Challenge

EE746C08-72C9-4C10-AA62-7A71C65F0FE4.jpeg

It’s a Mistry - hipsta/snaps

My son just had his appendix out a couple weeks ago. His surgery took longer than expected because his appendix was behind his liver, took him in around 7:30pm and finally out close to midnight. Had to make four incisions including one about 4” long. They kept him in until around lunchtime the next morning. His appendix was perforated so on some heavy duty antibiotics. Will be off work for a month (he is a mechanic so moving heavy stuff is always part of his work) .
Hope you recover fast.

Yow. That sounds unusual. All that cutting & stitching, so long in surgery - back in the day he’d be in hospital for at least seven days - and probably for the course of the ABs. And perforated — suppose it depends exactly what that meant for his appendix, but I think the ABs would probably have been delivered via IV for 48 hours. deepop would know.

And your son is home in under 12 hours. Hope he follows his doctor’s orders and that there’s some good community nurse or similar back-up. Speedy recovery!

My son just had his appendix out a couple weeks ago. His surgery took longer than expected because his appendix was behind his liver, took him in around 7:30pm and finally out close to midnight. Had to make four incisions including one about 4” long. They kept him in until around lunchtime the next morning. His appendix was perforated so on some heavy duty antibiotics. Will be off work for a month (he is a mechanic so moving heavy stuff is always part of his work) .
Hope you recover fast.
That is crazy! I had 5 incisions but it was kidney surgery! I thought an appendectomy was supposed to be easy peasy with one little incision. :eek:

Thanks Ann, rather dismal effort from me this week. Just not feeling it :(
Sometimes it goes like that, you just have to roll with it. It won’t last long. AND soon (in 19 days) you’ll be on holiday in your sandals, sipping cold beers in a very beautiful part of the world.:thumbs:

:notworthy: Thanks Ted. That blooming horizon was problematic. I had a dilemma - which line to straighten the image to. The line that looks like the sea is actually clouds and the land line sloped away to the left. The boat was on the wonk though.:D

:notworthy: Thanks Ted. That blooming horizon was problematic. I had a dilemma - which line to straighten the image to. The line that looks like the sea is actually clouds and the land line sloped away to the left. The boat was on the wonk though.:D
I know what you mean -- same thing happens around here, too. I finally settled on straightening things so that they look level rather than trying to match the reality. ('Cause unless the horizon is the point of the photo, I don't want people distracted from whatever the point is by wondering if the blank-blank thing is straight.:D)

Back
Top Bottom