IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
This is the place to celebrate and showcase all of your beautiful black and white images. This is a theme-free zone so, as long as it's black and white, just about anything and everything goes!

The Rules are simple:

1) All images must be taken and edited on a mobile device: a mobile phone, tablet, iPod or iPad.

2) All images must be simply black and white and all of those lovely shades of grey. Beware grunge edits which may add colour. If I notice an image that has a hint of colour I'll let you know so that you can change it and repost. Or I can delete it and you can repost; not a problem.

3) Any app(s) can be used in the making of your image, editing is permitted, but this must be done on a mobile device (see 1) above).

4) Please remember to add a title and a description of your image and what apps were used. We love to know how you did it.

Last entries before midnight UK time on Saturday 21st July. Judging will take place on Sunday 22nd July or thereafter.

This week's winner rizole Rizole will be our guest judge for the coming week.

Please also see the MobiTog Rules and Guidelines for all MobiChallenges posted HERE.

Last edited:
8AFEF941-F258-4A5F-A75F-1F6F2283CFC7.jpeg

The fern gate
Snapseed, ACDSee Pro

514B46C9-F55A-49CF-8660-CB81D56B4855.jpeg
Taken with a iPhone 6s Plus waits a wide angle lens attachment. Edited in VSCO.

So this is a shot of the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. It was one of the top hotels in the country during the 30-50’s, with everyone one from army officials to Hollywood stars coming to stay there. A huge source of it popularity was due to the natural mineral water springs what ran under the hotel. It was closed in the 80’s and had been abandoned ever since.

This is actually of one my favorite building, like ever. I’ve actually snuck into it several times to photograph the interior, and to do a little ghost hunting, as it is considered one of the most haunted hotels in Texas.

View attachment 111863 Taken with a iPhone 6s Plus waits a wide angle lens attachment. Edited in VSCO.

So this is a shot of the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. It was one of the top hotels in the country during the 30-50’s, with everyone one from army officials to Hollywood stars coming to stay there. A huge source of it popularity was due to the natural mineral water springs what ran under the hotel. It was closed in the 80’s and had been abandoned ever since.

This is actually of one my favorite building, like ever. I’ve actually snuck into it several times to photograph the interior, and to do a little ghost hunting, as it is considered one of the most haunted hotels in Texas.
Well done, and I love the NO in the middle arch. :thumbs: I usually try to straighten out any perspective distortion, but I think the curvy bends work well here. They seem to add to the overall effect (though I couldn't tell you exactly why).

Well done, and I love the NO in the middle arch. :thumbs: I usually try to straighten out any perspective distortion, but I think the curvy bends work well here. They seem to add to the overall effect (though I couldn't tell you exactly why).
I actually was planning on correcting it curvy-ness, but it grew on me lol

View attachment 111863 Taken with a iPhone 6s Plus waits a wide angle lens attachment. Edited in VSCO.

Love that edit and I would LOVE to see some shots of the inside - it must be amazing. Yes, I really like the curves on the walls - adding to the building’s charisma.

I love this... and especially love that you snuck in!! <high five> I just love abandoned places, and this would be a dream photo shoot to me.... I would have totally gone with you!

I hope to see some of the interior photos! Did you find any ghosts?? :D

Excellent first post and a nice bit of history as well. Keep them coming :thumbs:

View from my upstairs window this morning.
B2CCC190-4B21-4506-B66A-5F716173C17F.jpeg

The fog looks great down below but nice and sunny up here.
B&W conversion in Affinity. After trying a few other B&W apps I preferred Affinity because its B&W conversion provides red, green, blue, & cyan, magenta, & yellow sliders.

View from my upstairs window this morning.
View attachment 111889
The fog looks great down below but nice and sunny up here.
B&W conversion in Affinity. After trying a few other B&W apps I preferred Affinity because its B&W conversion provides red, green, blue, & cyan, magenta, & yellow sliders.
Wow....this is stunning! I love the fog. :inlove:

I love this... and especially love that you snuck in!! <high five> I just love abandoned places, and this would be a dream photo shoot to me.... I would have totally gone with you!

I hope to see some of the interior photos! Did you find any ghosts?? :D

You have to sneak in lol. Unless you want to rent the place for 1000$ an hour plus 1000$ in insurance. The local historic society is trying to raise money to restore it to its former glory and re-open it.

Not on the trip I took this photo on, but that was because I had my very little kids with me, and I really didn’t feel like getting arrested for breaking and entering lol. I did feel quite a few cold spots though, and have captured orbs here back in my teens. Camera phones didn’t exist then, so there were all taken on my Canon.

I love abandoned places too! Especially haunted ones! I am planning on posting more pics on the interior soon.

Back
Top Bottom