B&W RESULT:#87 Black & White Challenge

This may (or may not) have been a throw a way comment but I googled it 'cus I don't know what they are.
They are:
Shape and Form
Contrast
Pattern
Texture
Lighting​

I'm not up for writing 2000 words, what everyone else said. :)

It was throwaway, in the sense that I’ve heard variously three, five, seven.... I said five [not the five] because I could guess at six and my teaching brain kicked in [anyone who’s done arts-ish courses at uni will remember the calculation]: 500 for decent intro & conclusion, 5 x 300 word paragraphs for each element. (The math for seven would have done me in : )

Ok, I’ve made my decisions. Not gonna lie, it was really hard for me, because there were so many interning photos! But here are this weeks winners

Third place: Jilly.G for her “Well at the Bell” photo. It was a hard choice between this one and “Romance is not Dead”, but this one really drew my eye into the image.

Second place: Jef for his “Hotel Phillips” statue photo. This was stunning, and perfectly constrasted. Beautiful work!

First place: rizole for his “Bradford City Hall” photo! The view and the imposing impression this building left really got to me. Then the atmosphere the clouds created in the background added the perfect amount of menance! It looked like it was right out of “The Haunting of Hill House!”
31DB59AF-E44B-44B3-924B-4965DD038E69.jpeg

Honorable Mentions: Lynne.Peterson Lynne for her concert photo, loved the light rays. zenjenny Jen for her vintage police and car photo. I really loved the oldtime feel of it. So classic! Lzed Larry for his old truck photo. I loved how gritty it was!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I’ve made my decisions. Not gonna lie, it was really hard for me, because there were so many interning photos! But here are this weeks winners

Third place: Jilly.G for her “Well at the Bell” photo. It was a hard choice between this one and “Romance is not Dead”, but this one really drew my eye into the image.

Second place: Jef for his “Hotel Phillips” statue photo. This was stunning, and perfectly constrasted. Beautiful work!

First place: rizole for his “Bradford City Hall” photo! The view and the imposing impression this building left really got to me. Then the atmosphere the clouds created in the background added the perfect amount of menance! It looked like it was right out of “The Haunting of Hill House!”

Honorable Mentions: Lynn.Peterson for her concert photo, loved the light rays. zenjenny for her vintage police and car photo. I really loved the oldtime feel of it. So classic! Lzed for his old truck photo. I loved how gritty it was!
Well done, Mary! It's always tough to pick the winners. Congrats to rizole, Jef, JillyG, and the HMs.

Honorable Mentions: Lynn.Peterson for her concert photo, loved the light rays. zenjenny for her vintage police and car photo. I really loved the oldtime feel of it. So classic! Lzed for his old truck photo. I loved how gritty it was!
Thank you. :notworthy:
Congrats to JillyG and Jef and honourable mentions.
Loved sinnerjohn's steps.

View attachment 112639

A great piece of judging Mary, and your first time too. First of many I predict.:) Thank you for my third place - I’m thrilled to be in such good company with Jef Jef and rizole Rizole. I loved Jef’s statue image too. And super congrats to Rizole for again coming up with the winner with a spooky Bradford City Hall! Marvellous. Well done to the HMs too - Lynne.Peterson Lynne, zenjenny Jen and Lzed Larry. And to everyone again this week - it was another great week to be black and white! I will now take Bradford City Hall and hang it in the Gallery. :thumbs:

View attachment 112639

Nice job! I have to honest, this to me is the toughest challenge in Mobitog. If I haven’t posted anything by Tuesday, I’m so blown away by the images already there....

Last edited:

View attachment 112639

Congratulations to rizole (Fantastic Image), Jef and JillyG for 2nd and 3rd. I would have had a very hard time picking a winner so glad it wasn’t up to me!
Congrats to Lynne.Peterson, zenjenny for their honourable mentions and mine as well.

A great piece of judging Mary, and your first time too. First of many I predict.:) Thank you for my third place - I’m thrilled to be in such good company with Jef Jef and rizole Rizole. I loved Jef’s statue image too. And super congrats to Rizole for again coming up with the winner with a spooky Bradford City Hall! Marvellous. Well done to the HMs too - Lynne.Peterson Lynne, zenjenny Jen and Lzed Larry. And to everyone again this week - it was another great week to be black and white! I will now take Bradford City Hall and hang it in the Gallery. :thumbs:

Much as I’d like to take credit for this fabulous B&W, I think you are referring to Jef ’s Keyser FD image? And since he took 1,956,439 shots to get one without people getting in the way, it’s quite clear that he deserves the credit :thumbs:

2FD81CFA-2482-4650-A21E-555172A1E865.jpeg

Image by Jef

Back
Top Bottom