B&W RESULT:#88 Black & White Challenge

Wow! So beautiful...
I’ve never heard of Provideniya..... soooo many places on this planet to see!

Russian Far East. Very Post Soviet and crumbling. The above ground pipes that carry natural gas everywhere are down right terrifying. Better in color, but I’ll work on some BW edits. Provideniya is aross the Bering Strait from Alaska. I’m on an expedition cruise.

36CFB3B9-DFAA-455D-8959-3819B962C855.jpeg
You might have seen this one on instagram a few weeks ago

X + Darkroom

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay. This Black and White Challenge is officially CLOSED. I think rizole Rizole has his work cut out this week choosing his favourites. Whenever you’re ready Sir.:)

There's a clear winner for me this week so I won't beat around the bush.

This week's winner is FundyBrian with New Brunswick yard art.
06cd5a40-7111-4ffe-9b04-27d9330df363-jpeg.112703

I love the composition, the lines, textures and clarity.
With some b&w's you can see the colours that have been removed, this is an example of one of those for me.
Just really nice, well done.

Joint second I'm awarding to sinnerjohn and lkbside.
John's Museum refelction and Split are masterful and beautiful creations. When I first saw Split I thought that figure on the right was eating a baby, I had to look twice to see it's his beard.
Leslie's Russian pics are, as sinnerjohn says, remarkable. Stark, moody, balanced, evocative and those steps with the landscape in the distance has such emotional depth for me.

Props to deepop for Window Washer, JillyG for Blue Moon and terse for another solid week of quality submissions.

With some b&w's you can see the colours that have been removed, this is an example of one of those for me.

John's Museum refelction and Split are masterful and beautiful creations. When I first saw Split I thought that figure on the right was eating a baby, I had to look twice to see it's his beard.
Leslie's Russian pics are, as sinnerjohn says, remarkable. Stark, moody, balanced, evocative and those steps with the landscape in the distance has such emotional depth for me.

Props to deepop for Window Washer, JillyG for Blue Moon and terse for another solid week of quality submissions.

Great stuff Rizole. :thumbs: Congratulations to FundyBrian Brian - that is such an evocative image of a time gone by, with old machinery and a field full of wild flowers. Super. Well done to sinnerjohn John and lkbside Leslie - joint second with those wonderful images from your holidays (not together I hasten to add:D - John in Croatia and Leslie cruising). Thank you for my honourable mention and I am delighted to be sandwiched between deepop David and terse Ted.:lol: I will now take Brian’s New Brunswick Yard Art off to the Gallery. See you there.

Great pic picks Rizole. This week's entries were especially strong. Congrats to Brian, Leslie (check out her IG feed if you haven't already for many more wonderful photos from Russia), John, Jilly, and Ted. Thanks for the mention.

Wha, wha, wha? Well I’m shocked and delighted. Now I’m extra glad I turned the car around and went back to make this photograph after passing it on the road home from camping. Thank you!
Congrats to sinnerjohn & lkbside! Well done everyone.

Nice picks rizole , congrats Brian and cheers for my joint second with Leslie, her images were superb imho. Another great selection of images again this week and high fives to deepop JillyG and terse.
ps no babies were harmed in the making of that image......honest.

Back
Top Bottom