B&W RESULT:#92 Black & White Challenge

IMG_0055-01.jpeg

Misfits - snapseed

Ahgggg! It's in the colour version too. :angry:
It gets on my nerves too, I'm quite prepared to make a picture look unnatural but don't like the digital artefacts that arise out of the processing.
Selectively applied Glamour Glow in Snapseed? It's worked sometimes for me (but not always).

View attachment 113897
Storm clouds, Westerly, Rhode Island
Snapseed
RHKing mentioned the special lowlight option in ProCamera was really good and when I was up in London I gave it a go.

The first image is taken with Procamera's lowlight+, the second is taken with the native app. If you zoom in you will see that the noise in the sky is much less in the ProCamera image. Actually, Snapseed added noise when I converted the images from colour. The colour version seems to me to be incredibly smooth.

IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG

Hah, even the upload seems to have added noise.

RHKing mentioned the special lowlight option in ProCamera was really good and when I was up in London I gave it a go.

The first image is taken with Procamera's lowlight+, the second is taken with the native app. If you zoom in you will see that the noise in the sky is much less in the ProCamera image. Actually, Snapseed added noise when I converted the images from colour. The colour version seems to me to be incredibly smooth.

View attachment 113905 View attachment 113906 View attachment 113907

Wow... that’s pretty awesome. Now I just have to remember to use it.... :lol:

Now I'm actually looking at it properly there's quite a few things wrong with the b&w conversion. That's a down side of small screens I guess.
That’s an intriguing new avatar. Penknife? Lipstick? Microbe?

Hmm I didn't dare mention on that one :eek:

Selectively applied Glamour Glow in Snapseed? It's worked sometimes for me (but not always).
Fixed.
For interest I tried both glow and structure and preferred the results of structure. Glow seems to increase brightness and flatten the image more than structure does.

View attachment 113905 View attachment 113906 View attachment 113907

Beautiful :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom