B&W RESULT:#92 Black & White Challenge

A child is born

73E80BA6-7E97-4AAD-873B-B9A215EF9841.jpeg

Sent by proud parents (I think Dad’s phone is an Android — Metapho didn’t say) cropped and framed in SnapSeed and b&w in Blackie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is that a 2x4 it's clinging to? I had no idea those insects were so big. (Don't have them around here.)

Is he aka ‘stick insect’? Six legs, those two that look like antennae stretched ahead are legs? I used to see them in the sub-tropics, but never so long. Though I’ve heard they can grow up to two feet??? And some smaller ones have weird curly edges so they look like curly leaves. o_O

What better way to end this particular Black and White Challenge - with a photo of a new life saying hello to this world. :inlove: I now declare #92 CLOSED. Some poor sausage has got to choose their favourites from this wonderful collection of images. :rolleyes: ME! I’ll be back later with my deliberations and decision.:D

Meanwhile, why not start posting your black and whites to the new challenge here: https://mobitog.com/threads/new-93-black-white-challenge.23399/

Is he aka ‘stick insect’? Six legs, those two that look like antennae stretched ahead are legs? I used to see them in the sub-tropics, but never so long. Though I’ve heard they can grow up to two feet??? And some smaller ones have weird curly edges so they look like curly leaves. o_O
Yep that is a 2x4 on my front porch this one is kinda small can’t really handle thrm much there legs can break off pretty easy they only spray when they feel threatened have a bad feeling about winter this year seen way to many along with a crap load of tree frogs

Well, if I MUST pick a winner from all of these marvellous images (and I know I must), then that is going to be sinnerjohn John’s Dubonnet.
D2AAC0AB-7F7B-4D24-A104-E79AA5C13E92.jpeg

To me, it’s not just a row of bottles on a windowsill with some great editing. I can imagine the room where they sit. Look at all of that dust and webs - years of it (he’s going to tell me now it’s his kitchen window :lmao:). A veiled Miss Havisham is staring at a plate of wedding cake on the table just out of shot. If he hadn’t won with this, he could just as easily have won with several of his others, so great work John.:thumbs:

Second place goes to RHKing Robert with ‘This is the way, step inside.’ What a wonderful abstract. The patterns are almost like those you find on feathers.

Coming in third is Jef Jef with Cellular by Olga Zeimska. Fabulous editing to highlight this great piece of art, Jef.

Horrible mentions to: Everyone else. Give yourselves a big hug - you made #92 another fantastic black and white week.

Pert Bottom Award of the week goes to Lynne.Peterson Lynne with Carrara Marble Statue. I wish mine looked like that.:lol:

The Cartier-Bresson Week Award goes to rizole Rizole for The decisive burst shot. What a great image! And to think that he had to straddle a large puddle, without any care for his own safety, to get this.:appwhore:

Keep up the great work everyone!:thumbs:

Me and those bottles are off to the Gallery. I wish they were full.:lol:

Well, if I MUST pick a winner from all of these marvellous images (and I know I must), then that is going to be sinnerjohn John’s Dubonnet.
View attachment 113990
To me, it’s not just a row of bottles on a windowsill with some great editing. I can imagine the room where they sit. Look at all of that dust and webs - years of it (he’s going to tell me now it’s his kitchen window :lmao:). A veiled Miss Havisham is staring at a plate of wedding cake on the table just out of shot. If he hadn’t won with this, he could just as easily have won with several of his others, so great work John.:thumbs:

Second place goes to RHKing Robert with ‘This is the way, step inside.’ What a wonderful abstract. The patterns are almost like those you find on feathers.

Coming in third is Jef Jef with Cellular by Olga Zeimska. Fabulous editing to highlight this great piece of art, Jef.

Horrible mentions to: Everyone else. Give yourselves a big hug - you made #92 another fantastic black and white week.

Pert Bottom Award of the week goes to Lynne.Peterson Lynne with Carrara Marble Statue. I wish mine looked like that.:lol:

The Cartier-Bresson Week Award goes to rizole Rizole for The decisive burst shot. What a great image! And to think that he had to straddle a large puddle, without any care for his own safety, to get this.:appwhore:

Huzzah!
Well one sinnerjohn!

View attachment 113990

:)

Yay sinnerjohn, a winner despite your worries! Congrats to RHKing and Jef as well

:D Anyone would think you don't take this job seriously, Jilly.

View attachment 113990

:notworthy:
Many thanks JillyG from Miss Havisham and myself from the bottom of our Dubonnet bottle. Not sure I've ever drank Dubonnet actually :rolleyes:
Great week YET AGAIN in MobiBW world.
High fives to RHKing and Jef and all the horribles out there :lol:

Well done Jilly... couldn’t agree more! Congratulations sinnerjohn... that’s a gorgeous image and deserving of the high honor. (I also love Jilly’s accompanying story behind the image... can envision it perfectly).

Congrats to RHKing and Jef!! Well done fellas!
Horrible mentions to: Everyone else.
:lol:
:lmao:
The Cartier-Bresson Week Award goes to rizole Rizole for The decisive burst shot. What a great image!
Indeed!!!

View attachment 113990

Good one, John. Well done all.

Back
Top Bottom