B&W RESULT:#93 Black & White Challenge

Teasel Too

AE8346E4-D4FD-4039-A6E5-78BCE4F36F1E.jpeg

ProCamera, Stackables

Okay, it’s time to bring this particular Black and White Challenge to a CLOSE. Not too many images for sinnerjohn John to choose from this week, but I think he’ll still have his work cut out. Over to you John, whenever you’re ready.

Is it true that they are inedible?
They’re pumpkins so I don’t know why you couldn’t eat them (unless they’re injected with mass amounts of some sort of toxic growth hormone :eek: :barf: ) but by the looks of them who even would want to eat them??? I don’t understand the USA’s constant obsession with *bigger is better*. :barf:

They’re pumpkins so I don’t know why you couldn’t eat them (unless they’re injected with mass amounts of some sort of toxic growth hormone :eek: :barf: ) but by the looks of them who even would want to eat them??? I don’t understand the USA’s constant obsession with *bigger is better*. :barf:
Me neither.

And I live there, er, here.

It’s not just the USA who has an obsession with enormous fruit and veg. We have people over here who like to grow the biggest of everything - it doesn’t matter if it tastes good or not, as long as it’s the biggest. The very definition of Fruitloop imho.

It’s not just the USA who has an obsession with enormous fruit and veg. We have people over here who like to grow the biggest of everything - it doesn’t matter if it tastes good or not, as long as it’s the biggest. The very definition of Fruitloop imho.
It’s so dumb. :poo:

And so.....

So this week it is my honour to be erm giving out the honours.
Always a pleasure to be the winner of the week, honoured that someone can consider my image to be the best that particular week and I really enjoy making someone's day at the end of that week.
This week I found it particularly hard, not a huge amount of entries but all solid work. So I'm finding myself looking at what I don't like about the images.
Not going to list those reasons (yeah I know I have before) who am I to do that ? ;) If you want to know why I've marked you down pm me :D

I love story telling images, so often we are dragged into making images of 'just things' I know I'm guilty of it all the time. The best images tell a story or at least make the viewer think what's going on there at that moment, or before the image or after. Of course a well taken flower shot is also lovely, but like real flowers it fades very quickly.

For that reason, this weeks winner is rizole with his UNDONE image. Seemingly a simple shot, but shows us the passage of humanity that has been through there making a 'brew'.
20180912_083206-01-01-jpeg.114309

2nd place I give to Jef with his strangely titled 'Have posted this in color previously' ;)
I'm always a sucker for inky blackness and contrasty images.
3887c700-18b6-469b-9ba2-dc9bbe4dd9e5-jpeg.114172

3rd has to be JillyG 's Wired, for that sense of mystery.
5ef699f9-d77c-40cc-ab09-a7cc921d2eeb-jpeg.114329

HM's to everyone that entered :thumbs:

Now lets make Week #94 a record breaking week for rizole :lol:

And so.....

Always a pleasure to be the winner of the week, honoured that someone can consider my image to be the best that particular week and I really enjoy making someone's day at the end of that week.
This week I found it particularly hard, not a huge amount of entries but all solid work. So I'm finding myself looking at what I don't like about the images.
Not going to list those reasons (yeah I know I have before) who am I to do that ? ;) If you want to know why I've marked you down pm me :D

I love story telling images, so often we are dragged into making images of 'just things' I know I'm guilty of it all the time. The best images tell a story or at least make the viewer think what's going on there at that moment, or before the image or after. Of course a well taken flower shot is also lovely, but like real flowers it fades very quickly.

For that reason, this weeks winner is rizole with his UNDONE image. Seemingly a simple shot, but shows us the passage of humanity that has been through there making a 'brew'.

2nd place I give to Jef with his strangely titled 'Have posted this in color previously' ;)

Good choice, John, and yay rizole! Good work!

And so.....

Thank you for my win. I plan to print it out on the college's large format printer and hang it above the tray itself. A2 should do it. :sneaky:
Well done Jef and JillyG. Loved your wired.

And so.....

YES!!!!! That would have my choice too! I love love love this image, rizole. Well deserved!!! :inlove:

Kudos/high-fives/chest bumps to Jef amd JillyG!!!

Bring it on ya dirty punks.
:lmao:

Thank you for my win. I plan to print it out on the college's large format printer and hang it above the tray itself. A2 should do it. :sneaky:
Right on!!!

And be sure to make a photo of the photo hanging above the photo subject, and post it here, of course. :D

And so.....

Wonderful judging John. Congratulations to rizole Rizole for making the seemingly mundane (see what I did there :sneaky:) into a thing of beauty with a bit of hovering and great editing.:D Well done to Jef Jef - I really liked that beefed up contrast too, especially for that subject. Thank you, kind sir, for my place on the podium.:notworthy: Well done to everyone else for posting those lovely black and whites. I’m off down to the Gallery with Rizole’s Undone to make myself a nice cup of tea. Why don’t you join me there.

Erm, isn’t that a sackable offence - using the printer for personal use? :sneaky: I suppose it’s okay if you’re pinning up the photo that you’ve photocopied on the notice board.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom