B&W RESULT:#97 Black & White Challenge

Down on the Farm

26012A9A-9D6A-4194-98C0-0B8B71A31202.jpeg

Hipstamatic, with the Native Cam app to desaturate

It’s that time on a Sunday when I say that this Black and White Challenge is CLOSED. zenjenny Jen now has the job of choosing her favourites. Over to you my dear. :D

We all know that every one of the images of each of the regular B/W posters could easily win every week. So, I thought, just to make the most of my place more on the edges of the B/W challenge (and not knowing my f from my focus stacking) I’d look for what moves me. Turns out technical skill and the je ne sais quoi of emotional charge are not as distinct as I might have thought:

I’m a sucker for a bit of poetry/romance in visual art; and the abstractist in me loves the simplicity with which RHKing ‘s images evoke the depth of thought and experience that they do. So my pick for #1 is Robert’s ‘I placed my stories on the sands and the winds blew them to you....’

View attachment 115426

Just when I think I’ve got sinnerjohn ’s photographic and musical genre nailed down, he produces something like my pick for #2 ‘the forest whispers my name‘ (you should see what he’s coming up with in the Abstractify This Challenge. Personally, I think RoseCat and I can take some credit for encouraging John to find and express his inner Kandinsky :D):

View attachment 115450

Finally, sdimbour ’s B/Ws are legendary. But her portraits speak to me the most. My pick for #3, Sandra’s ‘Rainy day portrait‘ made me smile and also feel a bit wistful —In almost two whole 365s, we’ve watched Sandra’s beautiful young daughter traversing that bridge between childhood and adolescence. I remember that time with my own daughter: now my granddaughter is there. Poor child, she will not have such stunning mementos of that misty time

View attachment 115348

HMs to everyone else :inlove: :notworthy:

Onward to B&W #98 :thumbs:

We all know that every one of the images of each of the regular B/W posters could easily win every week. So, I thought, just to make the most of my place more on the edges of the B/W challenge (and not knowing my f from my focus stacking) I’d look for what moves me. Turns out technical skill and the je ne sais quoi of emotional charge are not as distinct as I might have thought:

I’m a sucker for a bit of poetry/romance in visual art; and the abstractist in me loves the simplicity with which RHKing ‘s images evoke the depth of thought and experience that they do. So my pick for #1 is Robert’s ‘I placed my stories on the sands and the winds blew them to you....’

View attachment 115426

Just when I think I’ve got sinnerjohn ’s photographic and musical genre nailed down, he produces something like my pick for #2 ‘the forest whispers my name‘ (you should see what he’s coming up with in the Abstractify This Challenge. Personally, I think RoseCat and I can take some credit for encouraging John to find and express his inner Kandinsky :D):

View attachment 115450

Finally, sdimbour ’s B/Ws are legendary. But her portraits speak to me the most. My pick for #3, Sandra’s ‘Rainy day portrait‘ made me smile and also feel a bit wistful —In almost two whole 365s, we’ve watched Sandra’s beautiful young daughter traversing that bridge between childhood and adolescence. I remember that time with my own daughter: now my granddaughter is there. Poor child, she will not have such stunning mementos of that misty time

View attachment 115348

Excellent choices!!! I always go with my heart, too.

Thank you Jen, your insight is spot on. I’m honoured to be selected alongside two wonderfully poetic and moving images, a hearty Well Done to sinnerjohn and Sandra!

View attachment 115426

View attachment 115450

View attachment 115348

Thank you very much Jen for your excellent judging and summation.:thumbs: Congratulations to RHKing Robert - your images are always thought-provoking and this one was no different. Well done to sinnerjohn John for second place with another really atmospheric image, and to sdimbour Sandra with her lovely muse through the bubbles. What a marvellous week it was for black and white images. Great work everyone. Right, I’m off to the Gallery with Robert’s feathers. See you there.
https://mobitog.com/gallery/albums/mobi-black-white-winners.403/

Last edited:

View attachment 115426

View attachment 115450

View attachment 115348

Beautiful and thoughtful choices, Jen.... I love them all as well. :inlove:
Congratulations RHKing on your well deserved win!! :notworthy:

Personally, I think RoseCat and I can take some credit for encouraging John to find and express his inner Kandinsky :D):
Indeed. :mobibabe: ;)

Congrats sinnerjohn and sdimbour Sandra - well done!

View attachment 115426

View attachment 115450

View attachment 115348

You know it's been a great week when Sandra sdimbour is third! Congrats to RHKing for the blue ribbon!

View attachment 115426

View attachment 115450

View attachment 115348

Thanks zenjenny for the 3rd place. Very proud

Congrats RHKing Robert for the win . Great pic!!!!

Congrats sinnerjohn John for the 2nd place. Great pic as well !!! Well done

See you next week in the bnw challenge

Back
Top Bottom