APPstract RESULT: APPstract #29 Theme: Experimentation

:notworthy:

so lovely. I have PaintCan, but, like any app with more than three instructions or choices to get started, it sits, growing cobwebs, in my ‘too hard basket’.

the way you‘ve done the sea and the dark base of those rocks . . . :inlove: And the contrast with the brush (what do US people call coastal grasses?) . . . well, i‘m inspired to have another go at PaintCan. :notworthy: :thumbs:
Agh! Had to download PaintCan from the App Store! Yes, yes, I admit it, I’m an app whore!

I opened FotoDa and gave it a few spins, and this arose. I find it a bit chaotic, but oddly appealing.

8308B60F-26A7-423A-8310-43ACE279F830.jpeg

There’s a lot of ”chat” and not enough “do” here imo.:mobibabe: Just get apping!

View attachment 154133
Even though I venture into iColorama quite a lot, there are still some effects that I have never tried. In a magazine I saw an article about an artist and he does something similar to the above (only with a lot more artistic merit and skill) with his paintings of flowers. They seem to flow on the canvas. Anyway, I thought I’d try this using an app. I had difficulty finding one that would do what I want and this is the closest I could get. I masked out most of the image and left the bit where I wanted ”flow”. This is iColorama>Style>Auto2. I’m racking my brains trying to think of an app where it’s possible to do what I want.
Edit: It turns out the he is a she - Simone Webb, and what I thought were paintings are actually giclée prints - so photographs, edited after printing. Who knew?
Oooooo.... I love this. A beauty.

I’ve used modules in I colorana that I normally never hit “apply” after trying them due to it not being my style. This time I hit apply.
So this is A storefront of mannequin legs wearing stockings that I think looks a bit like a forest now? View attachment 154161

I love how adventurous you are, Carmel -every image seems to come up with something new!
i lovelovelove those funky black squiggles!

btw in case anyone doesn’t already know, rmK pro is a really good single fx app for removing ‘all the black’ or ‘all the white’ from an image. I use it a lot to isolate funky black squiggles :D

Edit: does anyone know of an app that works in the same way but with RGB values?

Ship of Fools:

It's the place where they keep all the darkness you need.
You sail away from the light of the world on this trip, baby
(World Party, 1986)

25A06493-5C10-4FA7-B774-0371902B5CA7.jpeg

one of the many JixiPix apps i collected and didn't open. (The one that translates the image into dots).

Watered down (geddit?) with Pixlr and SnapSeed. Additional bits from SketchClub community brushes.
Btw this one started as an edit of a portrait (turn it sideways)

Diving in- so much to learn here! This image was experimentation on many levels- learning to use only mobile photos, taking an image of a sculpt in progress and running it thru all the apps sitting on my phone to turn it into abstract element ( settled on percolator cause i liked the circles)- then adding it to the fotoda stew(hadnt thought of manipulating photos before using them in fotoda). Not sure if we are supposed to insert thumbnail or full image?
F063249B-BE67-4511-AC0E-DF0D077D15CF.jpeg

Edit: does anyone know of an app that works in the same way but with RGB values?
I'm not sure if this is what you want, but some apps that offer layers and masking -- like Leonardo and SuperimposeX -- allow you to mask by selecting a color range. In practice, you tap on a color area of an image, and the app masks out all the similarly-colored pixels. Usually there's a slider to control how strictly or loosely the app interprets "similar." The masked areas are then transparent.

hope you get a chance to post one of your wild & wonderful experiment, Brian :)
Me too. I certainly have some apps I haven’t used yet.
Time wise, I got hooked into some interior house painting at home.
Oh, yes, I just bought a wireless mic & receiver set for video and it says “Designed and made in Australia”.

Paint can! Never used it before. View attachment 154225
Very nice! Actually it’s one of my favourites for painterly images. My only beef is that the resolution is not the best but I resize it as image sharpness is not an issue.

I’ll combine it with an outline from iColorama as I’ve done here:
EB48E599-0DE9-491F-944D-0DA741CC222D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom