APPstract RESULT: APPstract #29 Theme: Experimentation

At the beginning, a still life shot:
then several, with
various film simulations.

Additions, for good measure.
Half a dozen variants.
Blended. Whipped. Stood back.

Enough.

(I’ll have to check with Starzee if my summary counts as a haiku. But in my eyes your process is a haiku :inlove: )
Close enough.

Inspired by JillyG Jilly’s dripping (?) flower.
iColorama
ADFF4021-804F-42F8-B26F-AAFA0AF8BCDA.jpeg

These are fab! Yes, I got this app but could never get anything I liked.
Same here. I have a hard time getting anything useful from Trigraphy and LightWeaver, but you've got good results from both of them in this thread. :notworthy:
Thanks, folks. Glad I’m not the only one who struggles with both of these apps. I feel like Trigraphy should have lots of potential but maybe It’s results are too extreme.

*raises hand* :D

The experimental is ‘birds’.

28E692DF-F22B-40A7-9779-16D045ED200B.jpeg

I don’t do birds. But i quite liked layering these with different blends in SketchClub. Then Distressed FX (which is kindof experimental bcs i don't know what those little circles mean. And there are birds Distressed, but the SketchClub birds had it covered :thumbs:
I

Inspired by JillyG Jilly’s dripping (?) flower.
iColorama
View attachment 154308

looks like icicles!
i tried to emulate Jilly’s method in SketchClub with an image of my black cat. Unmitigated disaster. Seems you just can‘t make cats melt, or drip, or flow down the page, even for “Art” and even if they don‘t know about it.

looks like icicles!
i tried to emulate Jilly’s method in SketchClub with an image of my black cat. Unmitigated disaster. Seems you just can‘t make cats melt, or drip, or flow down the page, even for “Art” and even if they don‘t know about it.
It turns out that you can get that whispy disintegration effect in Procreate, with a judicious application of the thing that looks like a pointing finger (top right corner).

24378CD1-62F5-4287-8C55-F12CF08567DE.jpeg

Seems you just can‘t make cats melt, or drip, or flow down the page, even for “Art” and even if they don‘t know about it.
I believe the problem is that cats are already liquid, as you can tell by the fact that they easily conform to the shape of any container they choose to sit in. (Try iColorama -> Effects -> Sort for a kind of rain effect.)

View attachment 154311

I don’t do birds. But i quite liked layering these with different blends in SketchClub. Then Distressed FX (which is kindof experimental bcs i don't know what those little circles mean. And there are birds Distressed, but the SketchClub birds had it covered :thumbs:
I
I love the bird hiding behind the pink veil... :hearteyes:

View attachment 154311

I
Do you want to know what the little circles mean? Distressed FX is about the only texture app that’s left...

you’re playing with me, Star:alien: Of course i want to know what the !*&@! little circles in Distressed mean. Tne ones that appear on tne effect you tap on.
Geesh.

They become sliders that control the effect strength when you tap on the three little lines in the lower right.
4A0052F8-1A8B-4E53-83E8-628A6D01B9BC.jpeg

Tap on the strength sliders and the controls pop up.
24C88E4F-492C-452F-9733-06A8D53EF1BB.jpeg

Geesh.

They become sliders that control the effect strength when you tap on the three little lines in the lower right.
View attachment 154348
Tap on the strength sliders and the controls pop up.
View attachment 154349

:feet:
i just tap on the strength sliders and those controls cone up, yes. I didn't know those symbols had anything to do with it.

i thought the round circles might signify flattening a layer. And i don’t know what i thought the dots signified.

very confusing, if you ask me :mobibabe:

i thought the round circles might signify flattening a layer. And i don’t know what i thought the dots signified.
The overlapping circles signify color overlays (the upper row). The dots signify textures (lower row). But as far as I can tell, some of the overlays have textures and some of the textures have color overlays. So...

Back
Top Bottom