APPstract RESULT: APPstract #29 Theme: Experimentation

:feet:
i just tap on the strength sliders and those controls cone up, yes. I didn't know those symbols had anything to do with it.

i thought the round circles might signify flattening a layer. And i don’t know what i thought the dots signified.

very confusing, if you ask me :mobibabe:
To flatten, you tap on the image. And no, it’s not really intuitive.

The overlapping circles signify color overlays (the upper row). The dots signify textures (lower row). But as far as I can tell, some of the overlays have textures and some of the textures have color overlays. So...
I didn’t know they meant anything. And yes, they do seem mixed anyway. I bought several of the other packs but still usually use the originals.

Inspired by patl Patricia (and posted in her 366 by mistake! :confused: ). I was in our local little town and walked by the bridal gown shop.

95602C60-994F-4D74-83AC-2CC611CCEA09.jpeg

Soooo many apps - Photocopier (which I haven’t used for aaaaaages), iColorama > Brush > Tools (which I have never used), iC Painter (which I’ve never bothered with because I’ve never made anything good with it). Stackables was in there somewhere at the beginning. Oh, and Procreate to cut out the mannequin from the background.

I started with a FotoDa blend then used mostly ArtStudio Pro for layering this. I was using it for a bit, but keep going back to Procreate. It may be because I’m use to the interface, but I feel like there’s tools missing or at least hard to find. I used Photocopier for some texture. I’d forgotten about it. I couldn’t help but throw it into Distressed FX Plus for the final step. I posted another version in my 52.
285D64B9-C110-43F5-B21D-869F65584380.jpeg

Inspired by patl Patricia (and posted in her 366 by mistake! :confused: ). I was in our local little town and walked by the bridal gown shop.

View attachment 154367
Soooo many apps - Photocopier (which I haven’t used for aaaaaages), iColorama > Brush > Tools (which I have never used), iC Painter (which I’ve never bothered with because I’ve never made anything good with it). Stackables was in there somewhere at the beginning. Oh, and Procreate to cut out the mannequin from the background.
It must have been a subliminal suggestion, but I dusted off Photocopier, too. :lmao:

would it have made an artistic difference?
Depends how philosophical you are on the subject. I got caught off guard seeing your finger pushing your lip down, for I was expecting a spontaneous yawn, therefore, no need for the finger. It was a sense of surprise to see that voluntary action, you know?
I myself haven’t reached a conclusion to that question. I’ll get back to you once a verdict has been reached.

I bought several of the other packs but still usually use the originals.
Me too, because it's a bother to switch packs back and forth. I do like/use Box of Colors, though. And in the latest version, you can rotate the overlays, which is handy.

I have to say, in all honesty, best image I've seen on mobitog for some time. There's an honesty there unmediated by trying to get a good shot.
Thank you, I like honesty and realism in photography. We are what we are, things are as they are, look for the beauty in everyday things not fantasy. I'm not sure the rest of the abstract experimenters would agree with you though.

Depends how philosophical you are on the subject. I got caught off guard seeing your finger pushing your lip down, for I was expecting a spontaneous yawn, therefore, no need for the finger. It was a sense of surprise to see that voluntary action, you know?
I myself haven’t reached a conclusion to that question. I’ll get back to you once a verdict has been reached.
Well surprise is good.

View attachment 154367
I started with a FotoDa blend then used mostly ArtStudio Pro for layering this. I was using it for a bit, but keep going back to Procreate. It may be because I’m use to the interface, but I feel like there’s tools missing or at least hard to find. I used Photocopier for some texture. I’d forgotten about it. I couldn’t help but throw it into Distressed FX Plus for the final step. I posted another version in my 52.View attachment 154368

you two . . . “Sigh” “Love” “Envy”

Mainly “Love” :inlove:

And “Photocopier” ?? Surely there is not an editing app that i don't have. Its not possible. Surely?
You don’t have Photocopier? I can’t believe it. I think that was one of the first arty apps I got. Don’t feel bad though. You’ve produced fantastic work without it, so ...

And it‘s time to draw all this experimenting to a close.

Great theme, JillyG ! I’ve learned a lot, and been inspired (plus envious, but we won’t get in to that). And since uour co-winner ImageArt Ann is still flitting about the globe, you are our judge. So while you decide your favourites (in your own good time), i will go set up #30 :)

Back
Top Bottom