APPstract RESULT: APPstract #29 Theme: Experimentation

Well, the theme was Experimentation, so I was looking for images that were outside the appstractors comfort zone. I thought, at the start, that this was going to be difficult for everyone, but no. You all stepped up to the plate, took a sausage roll (vegetarian, gluten free was available) and produced a host of marvellous images. Yes, even John coming in from left field with an almost macro view of his fillings and nasal hair, got in on the (appstr)act (see what I did there? :D). Great work everyone. But it’s my duty to choose a winner, so ... (a roll on the drums - ham and pickle - I think I might be hungry :confused:) ... the winner is patl Patricia with her lovely conglomeration. Patricia has embraced the use of only mobile images and apped away to produce this gorgeous, textured image. I love all of the circles and the bits that look like they might be letters and the colours, and everything. Lovely job.
620ED9BB-C10B-450F-9ACD-87BD8EA4D5FC.jpeg

Joint seconds are zenjenny Jen with two of her submissions Birds (a big, but very successful departure) and her shocking pink JixiPix creation, deepop David with that beautiful Paremecium palaver, juryjone Jerry with his self portrait with swirls who has probably used every app known to mobile photographers, so this theme was particularly difficult for him, NickLeon Nick with “et”, Glaze-ed to perfection, terse Ted with that lovely Day of the Dead image and Kevin Barrett Kevin with that watercolour effect Enough Already!

Everyone else comes in a very respectable third. I loved all the images (yes, even John’s fillings, which I never expected to see ever in my life! :lmao: ).

Well, the theme was Experimentation, so I was looking for images that were outside the appstractors comfort zone. I thought, at the start, that this was going to be difficult for everyone, but no. You all stepped up to the plate, took a sausage roll (vegetarian, gluten free was available) and produced a host of marvellous images. Yes, even John coming in from left field with an almost macro view of his fillings and nasal hair, got in on the (appstr)act (see what I did there? :D). Great work everyone. But it’s my duty to choose a winner, so ... (a roll on the drums - ham and pickle - I think I might be hungry :confused:) ... the winner is patl Patricia with her lovely conglomeration. Patricia has embraced the use of only mobile images and apped away to produce this gorgeous, textured image. I love all of the circles and the bits that look like they might be letters and the colours, and everything. Lovely job.
View attachment 154387

Joint seconds are zenjenny Jen with two of her submissions Birds (a big, but very successful departure) and her shocking pink JixiPix creation, deepop David with that beautiful Paremecium palaver, juryjone Jerry with his self portrait with swirls who has probably used every app known to mobile photographers, so this theme was particularly difficult for him, NickLeon Nick with “et”, Glaze-ed to perfection, terse Ted with that lovely Day of the Dead image and Kevin Barrett Kevin with that watercolour effect Enough Already!

Everyone else comes in a very respectable third. I loved all the images (yes, even John’s fillings, which I never expected to see ever in my life! :lmao: ).
Great bit of judging, Jilly! Well done, patl Patricia! Well deserved win... I concur with Jilly on all points... fab abstract!

Congrats to all the other Appstractors! <high-five>

View attachment 154387

Congratulations patl! Great way to start:notworthy:

View attachment 154387

Great choices, Jilly. (There were a lot of great entries and you did well to narrow it down to your Top Forty list.) Congratulations patl. Yours was a fantastic appstrct.

Congrats patl Pat, and ‘what everyone else said’ :notworthy: You said you were very ‘iffy’ about going mobile-only here - understandable when you‘ve gotten such wonderful results with your Olympus. So extra-special congrats for stepping so far out of your comfort zone!

As the winner of this one, you get to choose the theme for the next APPstract. You can choose any theme you like (including ‘no theme’). If you want some inspiration you can look at previous challenges and/or message anyone who has posted in this one. Take your time, and when you choose, post your theme in the new thread and I’ll do the rest :thumbs:

View attachment 154387

Thanks, Jilly, for a theme that i think stretched us all in different ways. Very inspiring :notworthy:. Also thanks for not telling anyone that i fell asleep half way through opening the next thread and you had to finish it :oops:

congrats to all runners up (my birds [and Hodge] and shocking pink are well chuffed to be in such good company).

Onward! (And let’s hope @patl’s choice of theme does not include anything dental! :lmao:)

And “Photocopier” ?? Surely there is not an editing app that i don't have. Its not possible. Surely?
You don’t have Photocopier? I can’t believe it. I think that was one of the first arty apps I got. Don’t feel bad though. You’ve produced fantastic work without it, so ...

i can’t see it in the Australian App Store. Anyone have a link? Obviously I’m not going to be able to rest till i find it :alien:

i can’t see it in the Australian App Store. Anyone have a link? Obviously I’m not going to be able to rest till i find it :alien:

View attachment 154387

Oh wow, thanks for your kindness and what a nice welcome to the forum! So many awesome entries, an honor to be one of them. Now to go look through challenges for theme.. will be back soon.

View attachment 154387

As usual, JillyG’s judging is nearly as entertaining as the images.

I am boggled by the artistic fun that was had for this theme. And now I have Mextures which because of control of layering seems much better than Distressedx.

Patricia how can you top this theme? No pressure.

View attachment 154387

Congratulations patl Patty!!! You know how to start with a bang!!!! Nice going and beautiful image!

There’s a lot of ”chat” and not enough “do” here imo.:mobibabe: Just get apping!

View attachment 154133
Even though I venture into iColorama quite a lot, there are still some effects that I have never tried. In a magazine I saw an article about an artist and he does something similar to the above (only with a lot more artistic merit and skill) with his paintings of flowers. They seem to flow on the canvas. Anyway, I thought I’d try this using an app. I had difficulty finding one that would do what I want and this is the closest I could get. I masked out most of the image and left the bit where I wanted ”flow”. This is iColorama>Style>Auto2. I’m racking my brains trying to think of an app where it’s possible to do what I want.
Edit: It turns out the he is a she - Simone Webb, and what I thought were paintings are actually giclée prints - so photographs, edited after printing. Who knew?
I really like. The effect you got here. It’s part photo, part artwork...a very nice combo.

that worked, thank you :)

And it appears I have this app. Have had this app. For some years. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom