APPstract RESULT: APPstract #30 Theme: Triptych or Diptych or any tych

5D80E87B-0C34-4651-A9E4-4D990EE3D0EC.jpeg

Snapseed, Diptic, Brushstroke, Image Blender, iColorama, VSCO

View attachment 154561

After about three hundred attempts, I’ve (temporarily) given up trying to do a Jerry-like triptych. In Diptych, I couldn't get the space right, or the background colour. I tried stitching together two panels in AutoCollage. Finally, to put myself put of my misery, I layered three versions in Union with different blends, hoping to distract from the uneven spacing and the white line of my imperfect stitching.
Although I did my cactus triptych in Photo Formation, it’s simple to do in SuperimposeX. I take two different versions of the image and use rectangular masks, inverting it as you will see in this video (I hope).

I have Diptic but never use it. I tried it out after seeing zenjenny Jen’s image. I can’t seem to move anything around, though. What am I missing>
View attachment 154544
This is great though Star. What do you mean you can’t move things. It will depend on the size of the image. It can’t make it smaller than the actual size.

Although I did my cactus triptych in Photo Formation, it’s simple to do in SuperimposeX. I take two different versions of the image and use rectangular masks, inverting it as you will see in this video (I hope).

I have used that wonderful masking tool many times, but it never even occured to me for this. Genius!

View attachment 154590

The one on the left is BeCasso Toon 8. The one on the right is a b/w made slightly painterly in iColorama.

that portrait was brilliant in BW (didn't it win one?) and fantastic with the touch of painterly. And that full-Bogart noir paired with the Becasso Toon version . . . It’s like the full-Bogart-noir plus one straw :lmao:

Starzee
View attachment 154557

My lovely assistant, Lai - today in a rather fetching blue - will demonstrate:

1. After already tapping the image for new set of controls (sorry)
2. Tapped first panel & two-fingers zoom (no control highlighted)
3. Tapped middle panel, selected highlighted control to flip vertical
4. Ditto third panel to flip horizontal

Edit: obviously (?) you can apply all sequentially on same one panel - flip, zoom, flip, move a bit to side, flip - to show different parts of the image. As per my not-Ann‘s pigeon image.
(and before anyone asks, no, i will never get over it)
I get how to twist and turn the image inside of the box but it looks like, in the one with the adorable ballerina, you moved the frames themselves. You also have a background. I’m not seeing that option.

I get how to twist and turn the image inside of the box but it looks like, in the one with the adorable ballerina, you moved the frames themselves. You also have a background. I’m not seeing that option.

well, why didn't you say ? :rolleyes: Poor Lai standing on his head all that time — for educational purposes is one thing . . .:mobibabe:

83B868D7-0188-442B-9E99-50CACC4FD948.jpeg

Architychture
View attachment 154609
I created variations of the photo in Graphite and Ultrapop, layered them in Procreate, did some touching up in iColorama, and finished it off in Mextures.

lovely. I like the light touch with texture, keeping the hues and those beautiful strong lines clear

Edit: Also ‘ho ho’

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom