APPstract RESULT: APPstract #30 Theme: Triptych or Diptych or any tych

Where did all that lovely color come from?

I never thought about it till you asked, but it’s clearly an edit - maybe some SketchClub layering. The original is at least five years old. It was a nice sunset, but not *that* nice :lmao:

I went back as far as I could see, but the earliest version on the images that aren’t on my old-iPad-that-won’t-charge-up has the colours.

short answer: “dunno” :)

I have been watching some YouTube videos featuring a painter named Bob Blast hoping to learn something I could apply to painting in Procreate. He’s kinda entertaining, but sometimes a bit over the top. I found one of his videos called Beyond Tryptics. He said beyond three images put together, the work is a polytych. Ever the skeptic, I googled it an found this from wikipedia.

If you’re interested in watching a nutty guy paint, you can see the video here.
Here’s a tetraptych I made before my Diptic satarted giving me grief.
View attachment 154785
Love!

To Tych or Not to Tych
iColorama, Procreate
2F463DD2-7885-44F1-A382-E1F7B80372E8.jpeg

Not Quite Tarot
Procreate, iColorama
971A71D3-3581-4FE0-BBA2-AE332BDC15C8.jpeg

Inpired by the third episode of Picard on CBS All Access. A woman in what seemed to be a mental institution was playing with trianglular Tarot Cards. I decided to create my own.

Not Quite Tarot
Procreate, iColorama
View attachment 154955

Inpired by the third episode of Picard on CBS All Access. A woman in what seemed to be a mental institution was playing with trianglular Tarot Cards. I decided to create my own.

That’s brilliant — love the idea and the execution. Love all the layers and the antique-ing. And the take on ‘triptych’. you're so creative/imaginative, Star :notworthy:

That’s brilliant — love the idea and the execution. Love all the layers and the antique-ing. And the take on ‘triptych’. you're so creative/imaginative, Star :notworthy:
Or maybe I just watch too much Star Trek stuff...... but thank you!

E689AE59-135A-4B6F-8DD7-A6B906EA7FB4.jpeg

i like the idea of a faux multi-tych. When the content and blend line up (sotospeak), wrecks like Decim8 & FotoDa segments ON just need a few defining lines.... Even though SketchClub has a good colour picker and multiple pen brushes, I’m never happy with colour or width or texture of the line. I’m sure Starzee JillyG and others will know justtheverything in Procreate :alien:

View attachment 154441
Variations on a theme. My bridal mannequin three different ways.
Diptych for the mount. Repix, Procreate, Stackables, Mextures, Photocopier for the image editing.

I don’t know if I mentioned I love this kind of triptych? Same subject: Different perspectives with different palette. The primary image is already lovely, but imo the additional renditions make the whole piece beautiful.

Though I have to say, Jilly, I’m a little disappointed this one has no Shakespeare or Marlowe or Dickens (you sure like to mix it up :notworthy: ) when they're all positively dripping with brides :lmao: )

View attachment 155033

i like the idea of a faux multi-tych. When the content and blend line up (sotospeak), wrecks like Decim8 & FotoDa segments ON just need a few defining lines.... Even though SketchClub has a good colour picker and multiple pen brushes, I’m never happy with colour or width or texture of the line. I’m sure Starzee JillyG and others will know justtheverything in Procreate :alien:
I’m kinda reluctant to mention that any brush in Procreate makes a straight like if you hold it. And there is a very nice color picker. But I won’t mention it cause I’m afraid of your little monster emoji.

I don’t know if I mentioned I love this kind of triptych? Same subject: Different perspectives with different palette. The primary image is already lovely, but imo the additional renditions make the whole piece beautiful.

Though I have to say, Jilly, I’m a little disappointed this one has no Shakespeare or Marlowe or Dickens (you sure like to mix it up :notworthy: ) when they're all positively dripping with brides :lmao: )
:lol: I saved the Dickens quote for my 365.:D

I’m kinda reluctant to mention that any brush in Procreate makes a straight like if you hold it. And there is a very nice color picker. But I won’t mention it cause I’m afraid of your little monster emoji.

you big baby:rolleyes: he’s a friendly little monster & only bites when people make fun of other people who might through no fault of their own be scared of Procreate.

Our judge is currently nowhere to be seen, and, since Valentines Day is almost upon us, I have coaxed our Starzee back from retirement to judge this round and I get to choose the Valentine‘s Day theme *happy dance* You‘ll never guess what I’ve chosen :hearteyes: :D :hearteyes:. You can find out here — and Starzee ‘s lucky winner will be guest judge for #31 !

There were a lot of images! I‘m guessing around 40 (I lost count around 32). It might be an Appstract record. It was one trippy ticket tych judging. (okay, I’ll stop now) As, usual, I changed my mind everytime reviewed the images because I would see something I hadn’t noticed before. I did hover around the same three multiple times so without futher waffling, here we go.

In third is juryjone Jerry for his self portrait. I like how the “tychs” are tumbling over each other, and the depth created by that and the shadow. Nice one!
81F8CC5A-D48D-44B8-8F11-E250A1E2208C.jpeg

In second is JillyG Jill with her apple. It‘s uncomplicated at first yet the contrast between the organic apple and the techno stamping from Decosketch bring it to a new level. Wall worthy!
8A401318-992A-46EC-8FCC-F532767617E9.jpeg

First place belongs to ImageArt Ann for Flowering Blossom. I love the stained glass-ed-ness, the way it’s all the same image tied together in different versions, the lines.....And when I viewed it on my iPad with the black background, I just said “Wow!”
E712CCF0-CE96-4A13-8EAE-D6753CC086FF.jpeg

It wasn’t easy, but there it is! Congratulations every one. Some fantastic Appstracts this week.

There were a lot of images! I‘m guessing around 40 (I lost count around 32). It might be an Appstract record. It was one trippy ticket tych judging. (okay, I’ll stop now) As, usual, I changed my mind everytime reviewed the images because I would see something I hadn’t noticed before. I did hover around the same three multiple times so without futher waffling, here we go.

In third is juryjone Jerry for his self portrait. I like how the “tychs” are tumbling over each other, and the depth created by that and the shadow. Nice one!
View attachment 155191
In second is JillyG Jill with her apple. It‘s uncomplicated at first yet the contrast between the organic apple and the techno stamping from Decosketch bring it to a new level. Wall worthy!
View attachment 155192
First place belongs to ImageArt Ann for Flowering Blossom. I love the stained glass-ed-ness, the way it’s all the same image tied together in different versions, the lines.....And when I viewed it on my iPad with the black background, I just said “Wow!”
View attachment 155193
It wasn’t easy, but there it is! Congratulations every one. Some fantastic Appstracts this week.
Wow, two in one week! Thanks, Star am honoured with all these fantastic entries. Phew, thought Jilly’s and Jerry’s top notch. Great company.

View attachment 155191
View attachment 155192
View attachment 155193
This couldn’t have been easy, but you chose well!!! Congrats ImageArt Ann! A lovely piece of art... well done! High fives to JillyG Jilly (yes! wall worthy indeed!) snd juryjone Jerry (such a creative take in the theme!)

View attachment 155191
View attachment 155192
View attachment 155193
Thank you Star for my second - there were so many wonderful images, it can’t have been easy to choose. I’m thrilled to be in the company of Jerry and Ann - congratulations to both, and a high five to Ann for her first. That’s a very beautiful image.

This couldn’t have been easy, but you chose well!!! Congrats ImageArt Ann! A lovely piece of art... well done! High fives to JillyG Jilly (yes! wall worthy indeed!) snd juryjone Jerry (such a creative take in the theme!)
Thank you Star for my second - there were so many wonderful images, it can’t have been easy to choose. I’m thrilled to be in the company of Jerry and Ann - congratulations to both, and a high five to Ann for her first. That’s a very beautiful image.
It was not easy!! It was the exact opposite of easy. We have so many super talented folks here at Mobitog! Thanks for saying so!

View attachment 155191
View attachment 155192
View attachment 155193
Love these choices. They stood out for me too. I have a lot to learn if I want to create to this level.

thanks so much for stepping up/in Star, and with your usual flair :notworthy: (And only one partially suspicious response to my ingratiating email :lmao: )

And three stunners in your top picks. Congrats ImageArt juryjone JillyG :notworthy: :inlove: :thumbs: And thank you patl Pat, wherever you are, for the theme that inspired all this creativity :)

Back
Top Bottom