APPstract RESULT: APPstract #35 Theme ‘something with nature’ (see intro post)

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
CE14BD63-4EF5-4F04-BE03-8443740D5884.jpeg

Welcome to Mobi APPstract #35
(21 April- sometime after 21 April)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

Please see MobiTog challenge rules here

THEME:
Jilly says:
I’d like something from nature in your abstract (whatever your interpretation of “nature“ is). It doesn’t have to be recognisable, but I’d like to know what it is in your explanation. :D

JUDGE: JillyG Jilly

Last edited:
After much pondering, I’ve had difficulty coming up with a theme. And what’s emerged from my thought process is not really a theme, but I’d like something from nature in your abstract (whatever your interpretation of “nature“ is). It doesn’t have to be recognisable, but I’d like to know what it is in your explanation. :D

Piano Man

AA2BCF1D-4C95-43A2-98CA-14810E5B70F9.jpeg

An old Dubble further wrecked in FotoDa, watercolour version & outline detail in BeCasso, saturation, frame and crop in SnapSee, different versions blended in Union.

’Something from nature’: he’s playing piano on the sand, facing the sea. I originally thought those coloured lines of light might be the Northern Lights - turns out they’re fireworks.

now I look again, it’s a bit more of your type of palette, isn’t it?
(I told you I was studying your style. I’m doomed! I’ll be stealing your collages soon, and passing them off as my own aka Ann’s pigeonso_O)
Even when I try not to use that orange/red sort of thing, I wind up with it! I think it might be the difference blend mode I favor. :lmao:

Even when I try not to use that orange/red sort of thing, I wind up with it! I think it might be the difference blend mode I favor. :lmao:

I think so, too - that burned/inverted look is the way I recognise some of your collages from the thumbnails in the home feed.

This one would have had a bit of Difference somewhere along the line.
It started off with an oil brush in SketchClub** (1). I’m experimenting with making texture myself with by blending various shapes & colours into the starting bg (2) before further wrecking in Distressed or Formulas or Pixlr etc (3). Blending & masking various versions is fun and turns up interesting bits for other projects. Takes much longer to do what my favourite texture/filter apps do in seconds, but sometimes the noodling around is the whole point, right? :D

5E74EB81-A16A-4D0E-8D1F-4920B0709F64.jpeg B67135DC-414A-477F-9FB2-9BA0F912508F.jpeg 3793FA86-4F67-4DFB-878C-02C098652639.jpeg

** for those not familiar SketchClub has endless layers, all the blending options - plus about a million ‘undo’s

And, (if everyone will excuse me taking over the thread :notworthy: ) these are the types of layers I like to make for masking or blending an image onto itself, sotospeak. My favourite method is to put a ‘strong contrasts’ version in the Mask layer on top of two random versions.

85D720F4-F012-4B1E-8CAA-8B9C53EDA4B0.png 0F62B314-94DC-4129-90CC-9D396FAA5EB6.jpeg EC236945-67DC-45F2-A54C-E05199FCC3FE.png

Back
Top Bottom