APPstract RESULT: APPstract #35 Theme ‘something with nature’ (see intro post)

Of course, Jilly, you know that this theme is totally up my street!
9DD0D260-B4DA-4E16-BC33-6EEA40018799.png

I was going to do the whole thing in Affinity Designer but still don’t know it well enough so ended up using all these apps:
Snapseed, iColorama, Procreate, Affinity Designer, ImaEngine

And when I use a difference blend I usually end up with something darkish in blues and greens. (I like blues and greens!)
I guess it depends on what you start with and what’s underneath......

I think so, too - that burned/inverted look is the way I recognise some of your collages from the thumbnails in the home feed.

This one would have had a bit of Difference somewhere along the line.
It started off with an oil brush in SketchClub** (1). I’m experimenting with making texture myself with by blending various shapes & colours into the starting bg (2) before further wrecking in Distressed or Formulas or Pixlr etc (3). Blending & masking various versions is fun and turns up interesting bits for other projects. Takes much longer to do what my favourite texture/filter apps do in seconds, but sometimes the noodling around is the whole point, right? :D

View attachment 157154 View attachment 157155 View attachment 157157

** for those not familiar SketchClub has endless layers, all the blending options - plus about a million ‘undo’s
And, (if everyone will excuse me taking over the thread :notworthy: ) these are the types of layers I like to make for masking or blending an image onto itself, sotospeak. My favourite method is to put a ‘strong contrasts’ version in the Mask layer on top of two random versions.

View attachment 157160 View attachment 157159 View attachment 157158
I predict that SketchClub will be occupying my time in the near future. (If I can untangle from the iColorama knot juryjone inspired me to tie)

What are you talking about??? It IS your thread!!!! :lmao:

Hosting is different to ‘filling all available space with endless meanderings‘. And I’m sure you‘ve all noticed what a polite, well-mannered host I am :mobibabe: (All those years in Swiss finishing school were not wasted).

Hosting is different to ‘filling all available space with endless meanderings‘. And I’m sure you‘ve all noticed what a polite, well-mannered host I am :mobibabe: (All those years in Swiss finishing school were not wasted).
Oh? And how did the Swiss fair? :lmao:

The mystery cat
View attachment 157181
iColorama, Snapseed, Glaze, Glitché

I like the partial wreck - adds to the ‘mystery’. And I like any abstract with that features a cat. (terse, I recall one of yours with Hodge on a bridge? In blue light?? )

Ann your image reminds me I have a similar-ish kitty-on-a-wall somewhere. I‘m looking for it. In a chaos of 9k images, don’t hold your breath :rolleyes:

I like the partial wreck - adds to the ‘mystery’. And I like any abstract with that features a cat. (terse, I recall one of yours with Hodge on a bridge? In blue light?? )

Ann your image reminds me I have a similar-ish kitty-on-a-wall somewhere. I‘m looking for it. In a chaos of 9k images, don’t hold your breath :rolleyes:
It’s just as well I don’t own a cat it would probably feature in every second image! :)

Have we seen our Nagaisgich Carmel this week? Or last? Hope she is not still unwell. I mean, she has responsibilitie. There’s the BW thread, the Colour thread, this thread . . . . Threads don’t just fill themselves with images, you know, Carmel :mobibabe:

Humf.........not asking where I am zenjenny :rolleyes:

I generally know where you are, John :)

View attachment 157196
golden years
maybe not as abstract as some, but made with apps and a bit of old school texture applied in snapseed then jiggled around in lightroom mobile.

1. That’s a gorgeous texture — Stackables? [pause for a moment’s silence]. Love how it draws the eye to the delicate details of the centre tree (sapling?) And the larger trees still delicate outlines at the edge of the vignette. Your usual eye on composition.
2. *Officially gives up on beating into John explaining to John the concepts of abstract::realism*
3. *Feels better ready*

Back
Top Bottom