APPstract RESULT: APPstract #35 Theme ‘something with nature’ (see intro post)

I like the partial wreck - adds to the ‘mystery’. And I like any abstract with that features a cat. (terse, I recall one of yours with Hodge on a bridge? In blue light?? )

Ann your image reminds me I have a similar-ish kitty-on-a-wall somewhere. I‘m looking for it. In a chaos of 9k images, don’t hold your breath :rolleyes:

B2461319-E5C5-45E9-88B1-5514EE2BE69E.jpeg

crappy photos but I love them because I remember the interaction with this cat. Years ago, walking with our Sam near my office. The wall is high - I could just touch the bottom of that pot. And quite long: he had plenty of space to prowl up and down deciding whether or not he would talk to us :)
(I love his little fangs :))

View attachment 157198

crappy photos but I love them because I remember the interaction with this cat. Years ago, walking with our Sam near my office. The wall is high - I could just touch the bottom of that pot. And quite long: he had plenty of space to prowl up and down deciding whether or not he would talk to us :)
Actually, I feel a bit traumatised at the moment. My sister's cat, Neko, half killed a baby squirrel yesterday and my poor DH had to put it out of it's misery. :( It's really why I don't have a cat of my own. I love my garden birds and little creatures too much.

Blended two FotoDa’s that I did today to fill the boredom and then bit the bullet and bought Pastello to finish it off. The jury is still out on whether I feel it’s worth it. I messed around with a lot of the sliders which didn’t seem to make much difference. I think I need to play with it a more before I can express a real opinion.
B23E3B2E-68E2-402E-9CD0-1D4D2B1E2658.jpeg

FotoDa, iColorama, Snapseed, Pastello

View attachment 157198

I love that cat’s look!!

Blended two FotoDa’s that I did today to fill the boredom and then bit the bullet and bought Pastello to finish it off. The jury is still out on whether I feel it’s worth it. I messed around with a lot of the sliders which didn’t seem to make much difference. I think I need to play with it a more before I can express a real opinion.
View attachment 157205
FotoDa, iColorama, Snapseed, Pastello

looking good so far, don’t you think? I reckon I can see the ‘cohesive‘ thing you mentioned in juryjone Jerry’s thread. How did you find it UI wise? And the choices?

Actually, I feel a bit traumatised at the moment. My sister's cat, Neko, half killed a baby squirrel yesterday and my poor DH had to put it out of it's misery. :( It's really why I don't have a cat of my own. I love my garden birds and little creatures too much.

oh, so sad :(
I think we have been blessed with strange cats. In 20 years we‘ve found three maybe four birds. when we moved here, lots of trees and open space in the area, and a big pomegranate tree that we nurture especially for the birds :lmao: we bought three of these ‘cat bibs’ (made by my alma mater:mobibabe:) : first bird we saw, they were all wearing one.

They’re still in the cupboard seven years (and two cats) later. Mice and rats . . . That’s another story. But our house is old, on stumps, we have chickens - so, a bit inconsistent, I suppose, we‘re happy to see rats & mice hunted down

looking good so far, don’t you think? I reckon I can see the ‘cohesive‘ thing you mentioned in juryjone Jerry’s thread. How did you find it UI wise? And the choices?
I seldom find the interface of the Jixipix apps intuitive although clicking through the art categories i.e. crayon, pastels etc is simple enough and to be fair few apps are easy until you know how they work. I do like a 'dice' option which this has and I did cycle through some of these.

It was only after finishing my pic that I viewed their video and then I saw the power of stacking art layers, masking, adding texture layers and changing the paper. I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into it now and seeing if I can do things I didn't expect. Surprisingly I could find no other YouTube videos apart from their 'official' one.

Oh dear, looks like I’m taking over the thread this week but there’s only so much web design I can do in a day these days!

This image has a couple of layers of Pastello but pretty mashed up inbetween ImaEngine and iColorama layers.
48A99076-0022-4D0F-99F6-865840C3DB2E.jpeg

This comes from a version which I like but which I felt wasn’t abstract enough.
99FE5184-2A51-4A73-8E55-190E7E72C068.jpeg

Oh dear, looks like I’m taking over the thread this week but there’s only so much web design I can do in a day these days!

This image has a couple of layers of Pastello but pretty mashed up inbetween ImaEngine and iColorama layers.
View attachment 157254

View attachment 157255
I like the 2nd version a lot :thumbs:

Have we seen our Nagaisgich Carmel this week? Or last? Hope she is not still unwell. I mean, she has responsibilitie. There’s the BW thread, the Colour thread, this thread . . . . Threads don’t just fill themselves with images, you know, Carmel :mobibabe:
Thanks for asking about me. I’m not sick anymore but I’ve essentially been stuck at home for about two weeks longer than everyone because of that! Things are weird for me. I check mobitog every few days. I live in a crowded area Where lots of people refuse to distance themselves so it’s hard to take photos outside. Also because I get all food delivered, I don’t even get outside for shopping. But you are right ... I need to get creative indoors.
I’m working from home so that eats up time. It’s non-profit work and it seems like my main job now is helping all of our staff, many of whom are blind or partially sighted, get up to speed on accessible virtual platforms so they can run their support and recreation programs (for blind clients). I’m pleased so far... our clients are still getting lots of services including brand new ones... our staff rock! My partner also works there so in the evenings I’m assisting her in a brand new program which is an incredible innovation and costs almost nothing to run (Except salaries) for hundreds of blind people. Which just needs promotion to turn into thousands. Proud of her! When I’m not working I’m baking :) hardly knitting at all now.

View attachment 157254

View attachment 157255
Lovely

Nice. How do you find Decim8 since that one upgrade a while back now? I don’t like that UI - all this time, I still get confused :confused:
It’s one of those that you need to play with. Press buttons and see what happens. Nicki Fitzgerald had used it on some of her images and I thought I’d give it a try.

I think so, too - that burned/inverted look is the way I recognise some of your collages from the thumbnails in the home feed.

This one would have had a bit of Difference somewhere along the line.
It started off with an oil brush in SketchClub** (1). I’m experimenting with making texture myself with by blending various shapes & colours into the starting bg (2) before further wrecking in Distressed or Formulas or Pixlr etc (3). Blending & masking various versions is fun and turns up interesting bits for other projects. Takes much longer to do what my favourite texture/filter apps do in seconds, but sometimes the noodling around is the whole point, right? :D

** for those not familiar SketchClub has endless layers, all the blending options - plus about a million ‘undo’s
And, (if everyone will excuse me taking over the thread :notworthy: ) these are the types of layers I like to make for masking or blending an image onto itself, sotospeak. My favourite method is to put a ‘strong contrasts’ version in the Mask layer on top of two random versions.

I messed with SketchClub a bit today. It has a some very interesting features.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom