APPstract RESULT: APPstract #35 Theme ‘something with nature’ (see intro post)

wow (again). Love it - the straight-out-of-FotoDa image is a stunner.

(psst: no one tell Ann when the social isolation is over ! She has hundreds of images in her yet :thumbs: )
Thanks, Jen. :) I’d be cleaning out the loft if I was at home. Thank goodness for technology otherwise I would be bored to tears Especially with the strict lockdown here.

I messed with SketchClub a bit today. It has a some very interesting features.
Procreate has slowly taken over especially with all the new features such as masking. I love the brush in the new course that makes you look like you can draw a straight line! It’s the first time I understand the Procreate brush settings. And I never knew about the mirroring capabilities.

However, SketchClub still has a place in my heart. I still often go there to add sketch marks or to outline something. I still can’t find a brush anywhere else like the Sketchy one used below.
37D40DF5-A0DE-4F8B-8BA1-AA1AAA8D4257.jpeg

well . . . ? Don’t play hard-to-get: share:D
Procreate has slowly taken over especially with all the new features such as masking. I love the brush in the new course that makes you look like you can draw a straight line! It’s the first time I understand the Procreate brush settings. And I never knew about the mirroring capabilities.

However, SketchClub still has a place in my heart. I still often go there to add sketch marks or to outline something. I still can’t find a brush anywhere else like the Sketchy one used below.
View attachment 157335
I will get to that Procreate course today. I love the brushes and have several thousand of them (maybe not that many) but I grab them when every I find something cool.

That the thing that grabbed my attention in SketchClub....the Procedural brush. I really like the way it works.

I will get to that Procreate course today. I love the brushes and have several thousand of them (maybe not that many) but I grab them when every I find something cool.

That the thing that grabbed my attention in SketchClub....the Procedural brush. I really like the way it works.
I’ve just started the Procreate course. It’s a great course - I think I would have paid for it, so it’s a bonus that it’s free.

I’ve just started the Procreate course. It’s a great course - I think I would have paid for it, so it’s a bonus that it’s free.
Yes, she really is excellent at explaining in a simple way. My criticism of her paid courses is that I think $97 is a bit steep. I would probably pay around £40-£50 what with so much good free YouTube stuff these days.

Interesting, the Udemy courses have gone back to ‘normal’ but I wondered whether I was dreaming when I thought many of them have been inflated above the previous non-sale price?? I can’t in truth remember what the original prices were but one Procreate course that I considered on the sale is now £199 and I can’t remember that it was that expensive. Luckily I found the free course anyway.

Yes, she really is excellent at explaining in a simple way. My criticism of her paid courses is that I think $97 is a bit steep. I would probably pay around £40-£50 what with so much good free YouTube stuff these days.

Interesting, the Udemy courses have gone back to ‘normal’ but I wondered whether I was dreaming when I thought many of them have been inflated above the previous non-sale price?? I can’t in truth remember what the original prices were but one Procreate course that I considered on the sale is now £199 and I can’t remember that it was that expensive. Luckily I found the free course anyway.
Yes, thanks for the heads-up on this one. :thumbs:

I just went through the basics part. I have been using Procreate daily for at least a year and I still learned a lot. This may interfere with my housekeeping duties......

there are several in the ‘procedural’ drop down menu ? Which one is your favourite?
I‘m envious of you Ann & Jilly doing these courses. I’m very disorganised with my time, so I always have some deadline or drama telling me I can’t possibly make room for [whatever].

there are several in the ‘procedural’ drop down menu ? Which one is your favourite?
I‘m envious of you Ann & Jilly doing these courses. I’m very disorganised with my time, so I always have some deadline or drama telling me I can’t possibly make room for [whatever].
I can’t decided. The text is really cool, I can see using the stipple brush in black or some other dark shade to add depth to the edges of figures. some are just plain fun.
015CA995-7137-426C-84D7-58E1E33B6348.jpeg

I like the sketchy, smooth and web. The only issue I have with some of the others is that the higher the resolution, the ‘weaker’ they get. So the scribbles are really fine in a high res doc.

While I’m on a judging roll, I’ve decided to announce the winner of this Appstract Challenge. *roll on the drums* The winner is ... ImageArt Ann with several of her marvellous creations. I particularly loved these:

05927F97-FEF5-4CB4-BB71-2DB736F16012.png

Love the colours and arty ”texture” to this one.
9F762486-9C54-4FDB-AB3D-1CD7B0CE41B0.jpeg

This is like a wonderful pastel effect on this.
7D18A3E0-F98B-4847-A9C0-862178538A36.jpeg

This one is like a magnificent woodcut.

Well done Ann. And thank you to everyone who posted their beautiful artworks.

While I’m on a judging roll, I’ve decided to announce the winner of this Appstract Challenge. *roll on the drums* The winner is ... ImageArt Ann with several of her marvellous creations. I particularly loved these:

View attachment 157512
View attachment 157513
View attachment 157514

Congrats ImageArt Anne! You really created some stunners!

View attachment 157512
View attachment 157513
View attachment 157514

Thanks, Jilly, I did rather take over this week.:feet:

Thank you, JillyG :inlove:

And Ann, *what Ted said* :notworthy: Also *what Jilly said*. You were on a roll this round - not only gorgeous images but also a few mini-tutorials:thumbs: If Jilly hadn’t been such a responsible judge, I would have left the thread open to see what else you came up with:D

View attachment 157512
View attachment 157513
View attachment 157514

Wonderful... congrats ImageArt Ann! Well deserved. :inlove:

View attachment 157512
View attachment 157513
View attachment 157514

Great choices ... congrats Ann

Back
Top Bottom