Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
05927F97-FEF5-4CB4-BB71-2DB736F16012.png

Welcome to Mobi APPstract #36
(11 May - sometime after 11 May)

Abstract Art: Simple definition

IAbstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality
but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect (Tate)

We know that it works
even if we’re still not sure why that’s so
or exactly what to make of that fact (Pollock)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

Please see MobiTog challenge rules here

THEME:
Ann says:
I think we should have a free-for-all this week. Any abstract will do.

JUDGE: ImageArt Ann

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to get the ball rolling.
635C6717-62A3-4577-9BEB-950AD28407CF.jpeg

I have been working with vectors in earnest the last couple of weeks, especially with Imaengine which is the only colour automatic vectoriser on iOS. I know the editor pretty well now but after editing this was all done as pngs.

Apps: Inkwork, ImaEngine, iColorama, Procreate

View attachment 157554
I have been working with vectors in earnest the last couple of weeks, especially with Imaengine which is the only colour automatic vectoriser on iOS. I know the editor pretty well now but after editing this was all done as pngs.

:notworthy: That's wonderful, like a block print on wood!

View attachment 157554

This is exciting to know. Beautiful job.

Ok I have Imaengine now and can’t resist sharing ... It may not qualify as abstract though. View attachment 157571

*Ahem*. *cough*

Your image is art because it’s art.

It’s abstract art because it is not a re-production of reality.

OR

It’s abstract art because it eschews verisimilitude

OR

It’s abstract art because this is my thread and I say it is. So there. :mobibabe:

Rain Angel

View attachment 157584

All the apps I use every time.
Except Distressed, which I’ve just started looking at and wondering if a lá Formulas you can flatten one layer and continue ? (Starzee, you use Distressed?)
If you are talking about DistressedFX, yes you can. Just tap and hold the image and a dialogue box will pop up asking if you want to flatten.

From my walk this morning. I used iColorama and Imaengine. Please know I just started with Imaengine the other day and it’s so much fun I can’t even tell if my stuff makes any sense and I don’t care :) I love love love this red border. This is a shot over rough ground and water of my far-away city
0C16C194-2904-4128-BAB1-9999CB4A4367.jpeg

Still milking the cat bandwagon :lol:
Neko
View attachment 157634
ImaEngine, Inkwork, iColorama, Pastello, Procreate, Superimpose, Retouch, Snapseed
In that order? Out of those, I have Imaengine, iColorama, superimpose, retouch and Snapseed. Normally use the native app first in case I need to adjust exposure and it’s easy to do that there. Then I use Snapseed a bit. Then I use the fun stuff.

In that order? Out of those, I have Imaengine, iColorama, superimpose, retouch and Snapseed. Normally use the native app first in case I need to adjust exposure and it’s easy to do that there. Then I use Snapseed a bit. Then I use the fun stuff.
No, order would be:
- Snapseed to tune the image.
- Superimpose X to separate the cat from the background. I love the mask brush which you can just run along the edge of the object you are cutting out.
- Procreate to add or improve details such as whiskers over the new plain background
- ImaEngine to simplify the cat. I do a lot of editing of the image with the vector editor within the app (paintbrush at the top) and I switch off the outline layer.
- Inkwork to get an outline (edges) that I might prefer. I also sometimes use Adobe Capture too except it seems to be converting the canvas to square now which is very irritating for blending.
- Procreate or iColorama to blend versions.
- Pastello to give the whole thing a painterly look.
- In this case I did final blending in IC to get the way out colours and to up the Vibrance.
- I used Retouch to correct a small blotch I didn’t like.

Back
Top Bottom