APPstract RESULT: APPstract #36. Theme: Free-For-All

From my walk this morning. I used iColorama and Imaengine. Please know I just started with Imaengine the other day and it’s so much fun I can’t even tell if my stuff makes any sense and I don’t care :) I love love love this red border. This is a shot over rough ground and water of my far-away city View attachment 157631

Me too (the red border). And how the more complex lines of the city on the horizon are matched by the more complex lines in the foreground of the rock peephole :)

it’s so much fun I can’t even tell if my stuff makes any sense and I don’t care :)

Afaic, ’so much fun’ + ‘I don’t care’ = A True Artist :inlove:

Thanks for the mini tutorial, Ann! That’s a serious workflow (for a great result*** :notworthy: ). Approx how many hours would you say all up?

***Cool writing/greeting card image, too — do you make or sell cards?
I think the process above would normally take about an hour if I was just doing it for fun, but my sister wanted portraits of her two cats so I have gone back to redo some things so two and a half hours tinkering. The image above was just fall out from messing around.

The time estimates are just a guess. I must time myself next time. I can get lost in the process especially now while I am away from home and have no other ‘commitments’ apart from my sister’s website. I would still like to put a tutorial together for ImaEngine but I really must work on my sister’s site. Also my iPad Pro has been playing up and I definitely need to back it up. Gee, I do so hope it doesn’t conk in. I would be bereft!

No, no cards. Getting them printed is the fag but maybe I should do something for charity especially after what people are going through.

No, order would be:
- Snapseed to tune the image.
- Superimpose X to separate the cat from the background. I love the mask brush which you can just run along the edge of the object you are cutting out.
- Procreate to add or improve details such as whiskers over the new plain background
- ImaEngine to simplify the cat. I do a lot of editing of the image with the vector editor within the app (paintbrush at the top) and I switch off the outline layer.
- Inkwork to get an outline (edges) that I might prefer. I also sometimes use Adobe Capture too except it seems to be converting the canvas to square now which is very irritating for blending.
- Procreate or iColorama to blend versions.
- Pastello to give the whole thing a painterly look.
- In this case I did final blending in IC to get the way out colours and to up the Vibrance.
- I used Retouch to correct a small blotch I didn’t like.
Saving this! Look at me, I’m gonna follow a mini tutorial :)

Flowers
iColorama
C03C0AFD-C3D5-4822-8FA8-5854712BABDC.jpeg

I‘ve decided to have a wild untrammelled moment, also to throw caution to the wind,
and to break tradition by closing this round at exactly two weeks.

Thank you to all who participated with images and/or comments.
And thanks to Ann for her mini tutorial :notworthy:

ImageArt Ann, in your own good time :)

Not too many entries this time but loved your mix of patterns and colours, Jen. Almost a bit of Klimt in there. So top spot goes to Jen.

View attachment 157852

Aw, thank you, I’m most chuffed to have a compliment about shape & colour from you :inlove:
Re Klimt: I’ve just noticed by accident in SketchClub what everyone else has probably known since iColorama was released — those blocks-of-shapes brushes can work like stamps ! And adjusting the transparency & blend mode can make the square ones Klimt-like :D

For #37 (here), I‘d like to see your spots, dots, circles, wheels, mandalas— anything round (any interpretation) :)

Back
Top Bottom