APPstract RESULT: APPstract #37 spots, dots, circles, wheels, mandalas — anything round

43F2D895-00BB-4BD2-968F-DEE960D46B06.jpeg

Lost in space
A bubble drifting
Into a place
Where planets shift and
The moon's erased
Its features lift in the glare
- Aimee Mann

Ah but Jen this is just sensational! You should have kept this one up your sleeve. It’s a real winner!

But where’s everybody? We need some more bodies here.
You know it takes a bit of time to produce a masterpiece! :rolleyes: We’re all working up to something, but not sure what yet.

They’re all scratching their heads, trying to score the Image of the Month!!

scrolling up & down the pages — what !&*#! number was that image :angry:

if I’d thought of it earlier I would have made a little thumbnail collage with numbered images for the end of the thread.

But where’s everybody? We need some more bodies here.

where is our Nagaisgich Carmel? She knows a bit about a dot or two. Also “mark my words”.

Dancing in the moonlight

View attachment 158112
Aerograph, iColorama, Procreate and Union

Ann you are such a romantic :inlove: Love the variety of spots and dots here - and your usual mastery of light& dark. But oh my that texture!! It looks like you’ve cut up some fabric and glued it taut on your canvas *You didn’t do that, did you?)

Ah but Jen this is just sensational! You should have kept this one up your sleeve.

I would only be saving it to post in this thread :)

I think ‘masking a mandala out of an existing image’ is a great exercise in training the artistic/abstract eye. in whatever form, changing the framework means changing what we see. It would make a great APPstract theme. If I win this round I’ll seriously consider it.

Ann you are such a romantic :inlove: Love the variety of spots and dots here - and your usual mastery of light& dark. But oh my that texture!! It looks like you’ve cut up some fabric and glued it taut on your canvas *You didn’t do that, did you?)
It’s a magazine ‘etching‘. You take a solid colour page torn out of a glossy mag and then in this case I used two rubber stamps I had and put them under the magazine. I then used steel wool to lightly scratch over the shapes.
E34EADCA-EA4D-4B82-BBDC-9030A9D38337.jpeg

The dots and shapes I get from Aerograph. Select any colourful image you have and then choose ‘Shapealone’ and also right at the end Geometrics. Every time you tap Shapealone it will give you different shapes. I choose the second shake although I added a couple more dots in Procreate. The ‘moon’ was a gradient shape mask in Union.
D56EE1B9-F0AC-4E25-A2DE-80261AD331CB.jpeg

It’s a magazine ‘etching‘. You take a solid colour page torn out of a glossy mag and then in this case I used two rubber stamps I had and put them under the magazine. I then used steel wool to lightly scratch over the shapes.
View attachment 158116

The dots and shapes I get from Aerograph. Select any colourful image you have and then choose ‘Shapealone’ and also right at the end Geometrics. Every time you tap Shapealone it will give you different shapes. I choose the second shake although I added a couple more dots in Procreate. The ‘moon’ was a gradient shape mask in Union.
View attachment 158117
Wow, the magazine etching is genius.

Dotty the Dog

Yeah, sorry folks, our Sky wasn’t working this evening so a bit bored and the hoover isn’t working (well not so sorry about that :whistle: ).

View attachment 158125
ImaEngine, Procreate, Pastello, SuperImposeX, iColorama

aww are you sad? Did naughty Ann tip buckets of paper dots over you and make you sit still ?

6DF5AEC6-B853-4493-9B55-F65019AA5E38.jpeg

Inspired by the blooming crows that wake me up at silly-o’clock in the morning screeching at next door’s cat!
Procreate, iColorama

CF1EE45E-5710-4258-9B97-44F7B5F35457.jpeg

I’ve put this in too, because I don’t know which one I prefer. Do you?

View attachment 158131

Inspired by the blooming crows that wake me up at silly-o’clock in the morning screeching at next door’s cat!
Procreate, iColorama

View attachment 158132

oooh, lovely! if I had to I would choose #2, simply because I love purple and the watercolour effect with the stronger saturation (that moon :inlove:)

View attachment 158131

Procreate, iColorama

View attachment 158132
Fab Jilly! Hmm, I’m a bit undecided too. Love the leaves and flowers in your second one. And the moon but quite a lot of purple. Maybe with a bit of the top cropped off I’d prefer the second.

Back
Top Bottom