• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

APPstract RESULT: APPstract #40 July 20-August 3(ish) No Theme

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Every morning the first thing I do (well, after getting the coffee) is read my comics. I’ve been reading them since I could read. First in the newspaper, now online. One of my current favorites is Rhymes With Orange. I thought the APPStract challenge was a great place to share this morning’s comic, her first interactive strip.
Rhymes with Orange
I've been a fan of hers for years. Coincidentally, we live in the same town, and every Christmas season she participates in a converted-mill-building-now-artist's-studios arts fair so I've been to her studio.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I've been a fan of hers for years. Coincidentally, we live in the same town, and every Christmas season she participates in a converted-mill-building-now-artist's-studios arts fair so I've been to her studio.
I am in awe!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
View attachment 159512

These days
Composited in Leonardo from a couple of long exposures, a snapshot of a wall, some smoke, and a few other odd bits.
nice combination - I like how the smoke holds it all together. Did the green/blue just arise as you built the layers? Or did you add a filter? It adds to the Leonard Cohen vibe I‘m feeling

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
nice combination - I like how the smoke holds it all together. Did the green/blue just arise as you built the layers? Or did you add a filter? It adds to the Leonard Cohen vibe I‘m feeling
It came from some blend mode, I think. I have 3 other versions that are all reddish and fiery looking, but I like this one better.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Oh, Star, this is beautiful. So serene - and the delicate touch with the palette (that green !) :inlove::inlove: :inlove:

what inspired the composition?
One of my meanderings. I started with 4 layers of Imaengine edits that I thought looked like lake or shore of some kind.
87BAF4A7-82A2-4C55-A67F-AB03BB421A73.jpeg

Then I added shore like stuff, and deleted some, blended back grounds, added a moon and reflection, then deleted that. At the end I said “huh!“. When I looked at it the next day, I signed it and saved it. As you can see, a well thought out plan...... :rolleyes:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Animated Appstract just for fun. Don’t know why my YouTubes seem such low quality. Don’t know if I’m doing something wrong.

Apps Used: Procreate, iColorama, Tagtool, LumaFusion, Glitché, ImaEngine
That so sweet. Love it.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Probably my favourite photo from my Wisley trip.

View attachment 159648

All iColorama
poppy? Ranunculus? (Shows how much I know :feet:). Love the colour .

And as sinnerjohn would say not that abstract. ;)

I think John has narrowed his angst-ridden longing to nail down a definition of ‘abstract art’ to ‘if you can make out the subject, it’s not abstract‘. It’s as good a line in the sand as any other, John :thumbs:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Making moons 3

297CFBD8-247D-47D8-949E-36681FFE5F95.jpeg

I’ll ask terse for a title :notworthy:

sketchclub painted over fairy Pexels stock image. Union some old bgs. SnapSeed crop and Bright filter.
I like SnapSeed’s Bright overlay, but it can white out too much. I often modify it by processing the image first with a big border then cropping it back to size.

1B84D965-BEED-4873-AB52-EDDE60975AEB.jpeg 0432FA21-8035-4BE1-9259-BE3A4B6ED317.jpeg