Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
Welcome to Mobi APPstract #40
(20 July until approximately August 3)

1595304871931.png

Abstract Art: Simple definition
Abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality
but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect (Tate)

We know that it works
even if we’re still not sure why that’s so
or exactly what to make of that fact (Pollock)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

Please see MobiTog challenge rules here

JUDGE: Nagaisgich Carmel

THEME: No Theme

Last edited:
Making moons 2

BEE23EEA-C844-488F-805C-A2C16EF3DE1E.jpeg

SketchClub Repix SnapSeed Mextures Union

Miss Six asked me to draw her a unicorn — *fail* (epic fail). Six yos are very forgiving, so she negotiated down to a fairy. Miss Ten had just asked me ‘Do you have Procreate? Look what I can do in Procreate’ :eek: :confused::rolleyes::alien::feet:
Ten yos also very forgiving, so she showed me how to paint over a photo of our cat :oops:
When they‘d both gone home, I painted over my own goddam fairy in SketchClub and blended her on to a watercolour brush moon bg. And added filters as above. So there :mobibabe:

PS: neither of them like this image, of course :lmao:

Making moons 2

View attachment 159320

Miss Six asked me to draw her a unicorn — *fail* (epic fail). Six yos are very forgiving, so she negotiated down to a fairy. Miss Ten had just asked me ‘Do you have Procreate? Look what I can do in Procreate’ :eek: :confused::rolleyes::alien::feet:
Ten yos also very forgiving, so she showed me how to paint over a photo of our cat :oops:
When they‘d both gone home, I painted over my own goddam fairy in SketchClub and blended her on to a watercolour brush moon bg. And added filters as above. So there :mobibabe:

Their eye for art is just developing. This over 59 yo, likes it just fine. (Better than a unicorn, any day!)

Going to make a diptych with the original Making Moons? Could be Making Moons & Hanging Moons.

ooh I like that idea. The original is very blue/black/white. My few steps into colour theory suggest the gold/burnt orange of this one might be okay next to it.

Having said that, my progress so far in colour theory is: ‘This is colour. This is colour on a wheel. Stand by’.

Every morning the first thing I do (well, after getting the coffee) is read my comics. I’ve been reading them since I could read. First in the newspaper, now online. One of my current favorites is Rhymes With Orange. I thought the APPStract challenge was a great place to share this morning’s comic, her first interactive strip.
Rhymes with Orange

Every morning the first thing I do (well, after getting the coffee) is read my comics. I’ve been reading them since I could read. First in the newspaper, now online. One of my current favorites is Rhymes With Orange. I thought the APPStract challenge was a great place to share this morning’s comic, her first interactive strip.
Rhymes with Orange
Brilliant.

Rhymes with Orange

what Jilly said.

I’m still giggling. “Don’t feed the birds” :lmao: “Insider tour”:lmao::lmao: Thanks for posting.
rizole you'll like this one :thumbs:

Rhymes with Orange
What Jilly & Zenjenny said. I want to make one but the software isn't available to the general public yet.

Making moons 2

View attachment 159320

Nominated for Image of the Month.

Back
Top Bottom