APPstract RESULT: APPstract #40 July 20-August 3(ish) No Theme

Every morning the first thing I do (well, after getting the coffee) is read my comics. I’ve been reading them since I could read. First in the newspaper, now online. One of my current favorites is Rhymes With Orange. I thought the APPStract challenge was a great place to share this morning’s comic, her first interactive strip.
Rhymes with Orange
I've been a fan of hers for years. Coincidentally, we live in the same town, and every Christmas season she participates in a converted-mill-building-now-artist's-studios arts fair so I've been to her studio.

F986665C-A630-4737-B267-FAE27F855E73.jpeg

These days
Composited in Leonardo from a couple of long exposures, a snapshot of a wall, some smoke, and a few other odd bits.

View attachment 159512

These days
Composited in Leonardo from a couple of long exposures, a snapshot of a wall, some smoke, and a few other odd bits.

nice combination - I like how the smoke holds it all together. Did the green/blue just arise as you built the layers? Or did you add a filter? It adds to the Leonard Cohen vibe I‘m feeling

nice combination - I like how the smoke holds it all together. Did the green/blue just arise as you built the layers? Or did you add a filter? It adds to the Leonard Cohen vibe I‘m feeling
It came from some blend mode, I think. I have 3 other versions that are all reddish and fiery looking, but I like this one better.

Oh, Star, this is beautiful. So serene - and the delicate touch with the palette (that green !) :inlove::inlove: :inlove:

what inspired the composition?
One of my meanderings. I started with 4 layers of Imaengine edits that I thought looked like lake or shore of some kind.
87BAF4A7-82A2-4C55-A67F-AB03BB421A73.jpeg

Then I added shore like stuff, and deleted some, blended back grounds, added a moon and reflection, then deleted that. At the end I said “huh!“. When I looked at it the next day, I signed it and saved it. As you can see, a well thought out plan...... :rolleyes:

Animated Appstract just for fun. Don’t know why my YouTubes seem such low quality. Don’t know if I’m doing something wrong.

Apps Used: Procreate, iColorama, Tagtool, LumaFusion, Glitché, ImaEngine
That so sweet. Love it.

Probably my favourite photo from my Wisley trip.

View attachment 159648

All iColorama

poppy? Ranunculus? (Shows how much I know :feet:). Love the colour .

And as sinnerjohn would say not that abstract. ;)

I think John has narrowed his angst-ridden longing to nail down a definition of ‘abstract art’ to ‘if you can make out the subject, it’s not abstract‘. It’s as good a line in the sand as any other, John :thumbs:

Making moons 3

297CFBD8-247D-47D8-949E-36681FFE5F95.jpeg

I’ll ask terse for a title :notworthy:

sketchclub painted over fairy Pexels stock image. Union some old bgs. SnapSeed crop and Bright filter.
I like SnapSeed’s Bright overlay, but it can white out too much. I often modify it by processing the image first with a big border then cropping it back to size.

1B84D965-BEED-4873-AB52-EDDE60975AEB.jpeg 0432FA21-8035-4BE1-9259-BE3A4B6ED317.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom