APPstract RESULT: APPstract #40 July 20-August 3(ish) No Theme

Arrondissement

EC13A5FD-979A-41B3-87EF-5F84E440F385.jpeg

[I’ll ask a Richard for a title for this one] Featuring the parasol‘d ladies Star & I share, an object that I’ve never been able to identify but have used in multiple collages — and my new after-considering -for -two-years -and-finally-impulse- buying-the-$5-plus-version-of Distressed fx + :mobibabe: Also SketchClub and SnapSeed but I didn’t really notice in the headrush of the additional textures in Distressed fx +

This challenge is now closed!

In the temporary absence of Nagaisgich Carmen our the most venerable rizole Rizole has kindly volunteered to judge. At your leisure kind sir!

Find APPstract #41 here

Last edited:
So HM's to zenjenny for monopolising the thread, sinnerjohn for his line in the sand, ImageArt for not being that abstract and including a video (that sent me down an ImageArtistryUK video rabbit hole for a bit. I tend to think of myself as a bit of a photoshop wiz but I now know more about the rectangular marquee than I did an hour ago.) And Starzee for her untitled meandering. Night at the lagoon is lovely but for my money, the canvas you started from resonates with me more so. Love the blues.

In third this week is JillyG with What you see from the road. There's a real mood to this but I'm not sure what it is. There could be sadness there, some dark reminiscence, but the glitching adds a bright fractured something. It pushes me one way and another, pulls me in and makes me stand back.

In second is zenjenny with Making Moons 2. Love the palette and balance of the pic. There's a strength and power to the figure and the lines and marks coming from the hands are suggestive of mathematical or geometric notation, maybe alchemy. The hands and head are glowing with power/fire. (Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. )

Our winner is ImageArt with Poppy Love.
79F2DCF3-F3BE-4332-9BB6-0FD6BE1E4EF0.jpeg

It's a beautiful piece, just gorgeous. Simplicity, delicacy, the reduction of detail over much of the pic is enhanced by the detail in the hairy stems and dandelion seeds. It's bright and fresh, lifts the spirit, well done.

So HM's to zenjenny for monopolising the thread, sinnerjohn for his line in the sand, ImageArt for not being that abstract and including a video (that sent me down an ImageArtistryUK video rabbit hole for a bit. I tend to think of myself as a bit of a photoshop wiz but I now know more about the rectangular marquee than I did an hour ago.) And Starzee for her untitled meandering. Night at the lagoon is lovely but for my money, the canvas you started from resonates with me more so. Love the blues.

In third this week is JillyG with What you see from the road. There's a real mood to this but I'm not sure what it is. There could be sadness there, some dark reminiscence, but the glitching adds a bright fractured something. It pushes me one way and another, pulls me in and makes me stand back.

In second is zenjenny with Making Moons 2. Love the palette and balance of the pic. There's a strength and power to the figure and the lines and marks coming from the hands are suggestive of mathematical or geometric notation, maybe alchemy. The hands and head are glowing with power/fire. (Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. )

View attachment 159692
It's a beautiful piece, just gorgeous. Simplicity, delicacy, the reduction of detail over much of the pic is enhanced by the detail in the hairy stems and dandelion seeds. It's bright and fresh, lifts the spirit, well done.
Enlightening commentary and judging rizole :notworthy: Congrats to ImageArt, zenjenny, JillyG, and the wandering HMs.

View attachment 159692
Thanks, Rizole! I do love wild flowers.

Yup, it’s all about going out on your own to get the pics.

Well done, fellow abstractors. Always a fun thread. Now, what for next week....

So HM's to zenjenny for monopolising the thread, sinnerjohn for his line in the sand, ImageArt for not being that abstract and including a video (that sent me down an ImageArtistryUK video rabbit hole for a bit. I tend to think of myself as a bit of a photoshop wiz but I now know more about the rectangular marquee than I did an hour ago.) And Starzee for her untitled meandering. all move the world. )

love your commentary as always, rizole :inlove: Congrats, our Ann-of-the-Flowers, Jilly and HMs, thank you for my 2nd :notworthy:.

I once asked my other half what it was like being enigmatic. She said "Not telling!"

By chance, is her middle name Richard?

View attachment 159692
Well done Ann, lovely flower image, flowers are the new..............er flowers? Yay to the other 4 people that posted this time around as well :thumbs:

ImageArt I tend to think of myself as a bit of a photoshop wiz but I now know more about the rectangular marquee than I did an hour ago.
Most of my videos are on Vimeo. https://vimeo.com/imageart That video was 1 of 40 I did 7-8 years ago. I had my own Ning platform and did online courses. Unfortunately I didn’t know about Udemy and my social media skills were non-existent so I only made about £150 for all that work and maintaining the platform cost me more than that! I only charged £20 for the whole course too.

Last edited:

View attachment 159692
I love reading rizole ’s wrap-ups... so thoughtful, insightful and clever. Congrats to ImageArt Ann! Beautifully done... well deserved! Super kudos to zenjenny Jen and JillyG Jilly... gorgeous work, all...I’m in awe. ❤️

View attachment 159692
Thank you kind sir for my third place. :notworthy: Well done zenjenny Jen, that’s a really evocative image, but then so are all of yours. :notworthy: And congratulations to ImageArt Ann - that is a lovely, lovely image. I particularly love that little dandelion seed and the hairy stems of the poppies. It wouldn’t surprise me if it gets nominated for Image of the Month.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

View attachment 159692
Congratulations to ImageArt Ann and all others! Thank you for my HM and extra special thank you for taking the time out of your hectic day to do the judging. A superb job!

Back
Top Bottom