APPstract RESULT: APPstract #41. 9 August- 2 weeks from 9 August theme: Back to Front, Inverted, Skewed, Flipped, Negative, Channels

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
8CA507A8-6B8A-4041-B2A8-FEDFF5CEB8F6.jpeg

Abstract Art: Simple definition
Abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality
but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect (Tate)

We know that it works
even if we’re still not sure why that’s so
or exactly what to make of that fact (Pollock)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

Please see MobiTog challenge rules here

JUDGE: ImageArt Ann

THEME: Back to Front, Inverted, Skewed, Flipped, Negative, Channels

Last edited:
To the woods

FB302344-4B2E-498B-BD13-1C6EF2427EB7.jpeg

This started out as a shadow on the living room wall. A bit of flipping and a run through Hipstamatic, Procreate for the white lines and to paint a person and underlay it/them, and DistressedFX for the words.

Forbidden Fruit

0FE71000-0F4C-4C38-8DB7-BA734177632C.jpeg

Firstly, into Imaengine to paintify the image. Secondly, the new Hipsta Surrealist pak came up with the birds, then into iColorama>Adjust>Channels to play with the colours, and then Brush>Clone to plop one of the birds into the bottom strawberry. The things you can do with a bowl of fruit!!! :lol:

Skewed in Decim8 and Imaengine then combined in Procreate.
Negative and Channels may have had something to do with it, too and, looking closer it appears I flipped the background at some point. The lettering is upside down and backward.....

8B63C759-5A57-4DBD-A76F-247D4A3004B3.jpeg

One of my favourite apps that has never caught on is AremaC (Camera backwards ;)). It has loads of effects and you can make your own like Stackables. You can also use the effects to take photos or video. To make sure you keep hi-res, it needs to be turned on in settings but you can only save jpg and not png.

Here’s four images that I manipulated in ImaEngine and iColorama and then changed in AremaC.

E9720664-35DE-45A3-BD4F-B9E46749E3CC.jpeg

Here’s a photo of a white board with a tomato on it taken with one of the effects:
BFC63191-ED25-4331-9C1B-CE899BFBF6D0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom