APPstract RESULT: APPstract #42 30 August until sometime in September NO THEME!

E05F5E4E-162F-404A-9CEC-E94A5ABC46AB.jpeg

A garden of fire and water
Slow Shutter Cam, Leonardo, iColorama

I glommed onto ImageArt's technique of manipulating the freeze in Slow Shutter Cam to save two images from the same shot, one full blur and the other still. I combined the two in Leonardo (normal blend, reduced opacity), added some directional blur to strengthen the vertical streaks, and played with the levels to intensify the color. In iColorama, I used Style/Lighten/1 amd Style Edges/1 to further strengthen the verticals.

A Gift for You
ECEC4754-E80C-4915-966F-F1C28A429529.jpeg

At last I got around to playing with Lightmatic and love the results. I unfortunately discovered at the end that I should have changed the resolution to high. :( There is also a choice of jpeg, tiff and heic.

This was taken of the contents of a gift shop window.

I know it’s odd to close a thread in the middle of the week, but I did say this would close sometime in September, and we’re coming up on October quite soon. I will be closing this out on Sept. 30. So get any last minute APPStracts posted. JillyG Jilly, have a nice cup of tea and prepare yourself for the day of judgement!

I know it’s odd to close a thread in the middle of the week, but I did say this would close sometime in September, and we’re coming up on October quite soon. I will be closing this out on Sept. 30. So get any last minute APPStracts posted. JillyG Jilly, have a nice cup of tea and prepare yourself for the day of judgement!

this is APPstract, the rebel child of the arts! We spit in the eye of tradition!

Untitled Mixerpiece mash-up
9FCCACCD-416C-4514-A071-7A9887345D0B.jpeg

I started this wondering if I could make a sailboat out of Mixerpieces noses. A base image of Mixerpiece images. Mixerpiece bits in the sky are overlayed in Union with SketchClub brushes. The bits in the sea are more crowded and more overlayed. Then Distressed fx and SnapSeed.

Untitled Mixerpiece mash-up

I started this wondering if I could make a sailboat out of Mixerpieces noses. A base image of Mixerpiece images. Mixerpiece bits in the sky are overlayed in Union with SketchClub brushes. The bits in the sea are more crowded and more overlayed. Then Distressed fx and SnapSeed.
The nose section reminds me of this 617I2AGeW5L._AC_SX466_.jpg

Ah ok, so is any of the work for your images actually your own Jen?

None whatsoever. As well as the Modigliani, I have a library full of plagiarised neo-classicist art. I’m also quite partial to Starzee ‘s work, and Cat’s, and Jilly’s, and Ann’s (well you get my drift). I’ve probably got one or two of yours in there somewhere.
why do you ask?

None whatsoever. As well as the Modigliani, I have a library full of plagiarised neo-classicist art. I’m also quite partial to @starzee’s work, and Cat’s, and Jilly’s, and Ann’s (well you get my drift). I’ve probably got one or two of yours in there somewhere.
why do you ask?
Just curious how you work is all.

None whatsoever. As well as the Modigliani, I have a library full of plagiarised neo-classicist art. I’m also quite partial to Starzee ‘s work, and Cat’s, and Jilly’s, and Ann’s (well you get my drift). I’ve probably got one or two of yours in there somewhere.
why do you ask?
You know you’re very welcome to use ANY of my images anytime. I am LOVING your avatar - do tell what inspired it.:lmao:

You know you’re very welcome to use ANY of my images anytime. I am LOVING your avatar - do tell what inspired it.:lmao:
I agree with the art bit, and interested in the answer to your question. I do have book called “Steal Like an Artist”.

Back
Top Bottom