APPstract RESULT: APPstract #42 30 August until sometime in September NO THEME!

You know you’re very welcome to use ANY of my images anytime. I am LOVING your avatar - do tell what itnspired it.:lmao:

I agree with the art bit, and interested in the answer to your question. I do have book called “Steal Like an Artist”.

It was inspired by John’s question about whether any of the work for my images was actually my own.

The Mona Lisa is the most well-known painting in the world and every one knows who painted it (ie Oscar Wilde). The abstraction and the grid are meant to suggest an attempt to re-create it and the stamp labels this attempt as theft.

Btw Starzee referred to Austin Kleon’s speech-then-book-then-website-then-Ted-Talk (and so on) “Steal Like an Artist”. He refers to (steals) several famous quotes:

‘Good artists copy: great artists steal’ (Oscar Wilde)
‘I’ve stolen from the best. I‘m a shameless thief’ (Oscar Wilde)
’In any art you‘re allowed to steal anything as long as you make it better’ (Oscar Wilde)​

And we can always rely on TS Eliot for pithy, elegant and poetic : “Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different. The good poet welds his theft into a whole of feeling which is unique, utterly different than that from which it is torn“.

Sooooo the moral of the story - or at least my take-home message: I should continue with my recreation of the Mona Lisa - it might end up better than the original :mobibabe:

JillyG Jilly have you forgotten about us? Or is the decision impossible with all this fantastic APPStractness?

a mashup in Mixerpiece and two versions from Circular - another app I had forgotten about. Last one through BeCasso as well. Now I look at them, I wish I’d put them all through BeCasso .

in other news, I Cloud-backed up my old iPad to kick off my new iPad. SketchClub appears to have had a major update at the exact same time. I lost all my brushes and my ‘gallery’ images :cryingcat:
:notworthy:

Okay, I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I love every one of the submissions to this challenge. Out of all of the challenges, this is my favourite (yes, yes, I know I run the Black & White Challenge, but ...). I have six runners up which I’ve cobbled together in Diptic because Mobi only allows three images in one post. But the winner is Starzee Star with Lillith. I love that Lillith is still visible within the abstract. There’s animation in it somehow, with the eye the absolute focus. Gorgeous.

7DD3473D-B874-44BC-9ED9-1B44CFB85F62.jpeg

Here are the runners up (should there be an apostrophe in runners?)
A3E43BF4-2095-441C-A595-5570AC4D5957.jpeg

But, as I say, I loved them all. Thank you. :notworthy:

Okay, I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I love every one of the submissions to this challenge. Out of all of the challenges, this is my favourite (yes, yes, I know I run the Black & White Challenge, but ...). I have six runners up which I’ve cobbled together in Diptic because Mobi only allows three images in one post. But the winner is Starzee Star with Lillith. I love that Lillith is still visible within the abstract. There’s animation in it somehow, with the eye the absolute focus. Gorgeous.

View attachment 160977

View attachment 160978
But, as I say, I loved them all. Thank you. :notworthy:
Oh my! Thank you! I didn’t see that coming!

I agree with you that all the submissions deserved a win. I thought this challenge brought an amazing array of art. I am honored that you chose mine. :notworthy:

Oh my! Thank you! I didn’t see that coming!

I agree with you that all the submissions deserved a win. I thought this challenge brought an amazing array of art. I am honored that you chose mine. :notworthy:
Star I’m ashamed to say that Jilly’s repost was the first time I actually saw Lilith in your image :oops: It’s like those hidden pictures you see if you screw your eyes up right and stand at the right distance with your weight on the right foot and the moon in Virgo. Except I never see them. But I did see Lilith. Eventually. So, uh, congrats:inlove::mobibabe::)

Okay, I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I love every one of the submissions to this challenge. Out of all of the challenges, this is

not in that one bcs it’s neither a contraction nor a possessive :mobibabe: Now ask me about the difference In function of colon and semi-colon. Go on:lol: Then someone else can do its and it’s:lmao:

Star I’m ashamed to say that Jilly’s repost was the first time I actually saw Lilith in your image :oops: It’s like those hidden pictures you see if you screw your eyes up right and stand at the right distance with your weight on the right foot and the moon in Virgo. Except I never see them. But I did see Lilith. Eventually. So, uh, congrats:inlove::mobibabe::)
I thought the moon had to be in Sagittarius.......

I keep hearing about “Apstract” so here I am.....but the last post was in October? Guess I’ll post anyway and one of you smarter than me people can remove it if it’s inappropriate :grimacing:
View attachment 162731
that’s a beauty, Ryn, and I reckon our Starzee would like to see it in the next APPstract challenge (which will be #45 :D ). And I reckon we’d all like to know how you made it. I thought at first you had a brush of white oil paint texture in the centre, but looking closer I see it’s the texture of the tree. And different fragments and sizes of the tree are repeated throughout. Clever :thumbs:

that’s a beauty, Ryn, and I reckon our Starzee would like to see it in the next APPstract challenge (which will be #45 :D ). And I reckon we’d all like to know how you made it. I thought at first you had a brush of white oil paint texture in the centre, but looking closer I see it’s the texture of the tree. And different fragments and sizes of the tree are repeated throughout. Clever :thumbs:
I ran it through Snapseed for all the normal edit stuff...then into ColorThief to see what trouble I could get into...then into Decim8. If I did anything after that it would have been another run through Snapseed to tweak brightness or shadows and saturation.

I was thinking the same thing!!!! I was trying to figure a way to remind my self of images when the time comes. I’ll try bookmarking. That’s working so far for the IOTM challenge!
I ran it through Snapseed for all the normal edit stuff...then into ColorThief to see what trouble I could get into...then into Decim8. If I did anything after that it would have been another run through Snapseed to tweak brightness or shadows and saturation.
Decim8 is one of those apps, I forget about it for a while, then suddenly start Decim8-ing everything in sight. I am in the mode the last couple of days or so. Perhaps I caught your vibe. After all, we get your weather about two days later!

I was thinking the same thing!!!! I was trying to figure a way to remind my self of images when the time comes. I’ll try bookmarking. That’s working so far for the IOTM challenge!

Decim8 is one of those apps, I forget about it for a while, then suddenly start Decim8-ing everything in sight. I am in the mode the last couple of days or so. Perhaps I caught your vibe. After all, we get your weather about two days later!
You poor thing! The weather. Usually isn’t worth passing along! :lmao:

You poor thing! The weather. Usually isn’t worth passing along! :lmao:
I don’t mind it most of the time. We had some relatives that lived in Mason, MI. We started to pay attention. Must the predominant weather pattern. I won’t hold it against you! :lmao:

I don’t mind it most of the time. We had some relatives that lived in Mason, MI. We started to pay attention. Must the predominant weather pattern. I won’t hold it against you! :lmao:
Thank you! I feel better knowing that. :-D

Back
Top Bottom