APPstract RESULT: APPStract #43 From 1 October Until Sometime After That. Theme: Steal Like an Artist

I really like this theme. I think I‘d like to start an ongoing thread, maybe ”The Accidental Copycat” or some such title. We could post images that remind us someone’s work.

Enough of my musing, there are winners to announce.

I knew this was a winner the moment I saw it. In my opinion it is the perfect combination of a genius idea and hilarity. In the number one position is sinnerjohn John’s Stolen Selfie
View attachment 161651
In a tie for runners up......
deepop David Pictures at an Exhibition
View attachment 161653
And zenjenny Jen’s Stolen from the Klimt Family Album.
View attachment 161654
Do I recognize that lady as one of the umbrella-ed, kimono clad images you shared?

Great job everyone else! I really enjoyed every image.
I did see this earlier and thought I was mistaken, or Starzee was :D
But no its still there, Sinnerjohn wins the abstract challenge for hmmm maybe a 3rd time in recent history :)

First I have to say I'm a total fraud here. I know some of you take great care on your abstracts. But this one I just pointed the Google Art Camera at myself and it did the work, not even any editing, job done. deepop and zenjenny's images are way better than mine imho as are all the others in this thread !!

But thanks anyway, I'm glad it made you smile Starzee.

But no its still there, Sinnerjohn wins the abstract challenge for hmmm maybe a 3rd time in recent history :)

First I have to say I'm a total fraud here. I know some of you take great care on your abstracts. But this one I just pointed the Google Art Camera at myself and it did the work, not even any editing, job done. deepop and zenjenny's images are way better than mine imho as are all the others in this thread !!

Sometimes simple is better.

I knew this was a winner the moment I saw it. In my opinion it is the perfect combination of a genius idea and hilarity. In the number one position is sinnerjohn John’s Stolen Selfie

Do I recognize that lady as one of the umbrella-ed, kimono clad images you shared?

1. Congrats, John. What Starzee said: ‘perfect combination of genius idea and hilarity’ (Your Frida theft ditto).
2. Re ‘great care’ and ‘job done‘ etc: That shot may have taken a few minutes - your thinking, sense of humour, ways of seeing the world have developed over >half a century
3. Re your opinion on which images were better than which: I‘ll thank you not to question my colleague’s capacity to assess her own criteria :mobibabe:

Thanks for shared second, Star :notworthy: and congrats David
And yep, that lady with parasol has been good to us :lmao:

I really like this theme. I think I‘d like to start an ongoing thread, maybe ”The Accidental Copycat” or some such title. We could post images that remind us someone’s work.

View attachment 161651
View attachment 161653
View attachment 161654

Yes! Who could resist SinnerVincent’s endearing smile? Congrats to Jen, and thanks, Star, for the opportunity to stand next to her on the dais.

View attachment 161651
View attachment 161653
View attachment 161654

These are all amazing.... as usual I’m in awe of the concepts, artistry and skill. :notworthy: :inlove: CONGRATS sinnerjohn John!! So clever. High fives to deepop David and zenjenny Jen... just love both of these (Jen I would frame/hang this in a heartbeat ❤️)

Back
Top Bottom