Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
1591799119180.jpeg

1591799172571.jpeg

Welcome to Mobi APPstract #38
(10 June until approximately two weeks after 10 June)

Abstract Art: Simple definition
Abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality
but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect (Tate)

We know that it works
even if we’re still not sure why that’s so
or exactly what to make of that fact (Pollock)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

Please see MobiTog challenge rules here

THEME: NO THEME!!!!

JUDGE: After intense discussions over tea and biscuits.....our Judge is deepop David

1591795548930.gif

Last edited:
Edited with the new photoshop camera - mixed media lens. FYI this saved in a really small size, but I haven’t looked at setting options.

View attachment 158322
Love this. You are the reason I just download the photoshop camera. I think someone else mentioned a reduction of size when you save.

Beautiful! I’m a fan of Inkwork. I especially like a couple of the abstract settings.
Thanks. It’s almost my go to app now for outlines. In this case and something I often, is to draw the outlines myself and then I run them through Inkwork to make them look arty.

Three moons

View attachment 158332

Another version of my funky wall mirrors wreck. This one blends a Difference and a Burn layer in Union.
You are so clever. Did you take a picture of a picture and morph it? I can see the mirrors now that I know what they are, but would never guess if you hadn’t told me. I love this idea.

You are so clever. Did you take a picture of a picture and morph it? I can see the mirrors now that I know what they are, but would never guess if you hadn’t told me. I love this idea.

photo of a page in Vogue magazine. As you can see, not much thinking required, and most of the work was smudging out the background and restoring the outlines. I loved the shapes - the overlapping little mirrors and the lines connecting them all. i like the uber-glossy magazines for lines &shape &colour. Esp the ads for jewellery & cosmetics - and of course interior design. Have you looked at arrangements of wall art in the magazines??

7D190BE9-1543-49DD-B55C-DA6E78EFBC0F.jpeg

Help yourself (anyone). Maybe we should have a thread for interesting base images. We have Wrecking Yard, but by agreement those wrecks stay in the thread.

photo of a page in Vogue magazine. As you can see, not much thinking required, and most of the work was smudging out the background and restoring the outlines. I loved the shapes - the overlapping little mirrors and the lines connecting them all. i like the uber-glossy magazines for lines &shape &colour. Esp the ads for jewellery & cosmetics - and of course interior design. Have you looked at arrangements of wall art in the magazines??

View attachment 158356

Help yourself (anyone). Maybe we should have a thread for interesting base images. We have Wrecking Yard, but by agreement those wrecks stay in the thread.
Cool! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom