APPstract RESULT - APPstract Challenge #38 Theme: No Theme

I tried terse Ted’s tute, too. I was trying to create a selfie ala juryjone Jerry’s. I mangled myself in Decim8, Imaengine, and Sketchy. Then put them in the stack thingy in Affinity. I can see a new addiction coming.
225C24C4-6C7F-45B6-B258-A2EB3A9667D1.jpeg
3403EB6C-E252-488F-A9CE-E86C74FD1BDF.jpeg

Okay terse Ted, this is getting as bad as FotoDa. I just grabbed 4 unrelated images an stuck them in Stack and it was kinda cool.
6912193F-3867-47F8-8956-BF58F9915BFC.jpeg

Then I tried butterflies I had Decim8-ed that I spent hours combining in different ways. I chose 7 and I like this better than anything I created. I feel guilty putting my name on it when Affinity did the combining!
B58029E3-5544-4EA5-803B-1A1041AA5383.jpeg

C0E81641-E756-4938-9901-615802392256.jpeg

Radio towers at Corcoran Lagoon
A study in faking intentional camera motion by using various blurs in Affinity Photo, starting with a motion blur to get the basic effect and including box blur and others, plus some work in Photos to liven up the colors.

026FEFD7-9AC9-49F5-A0F5-0A368E8F1356.jpeg

My black cat in his favourite [that week] cardboard box turned up in one of those mesmerising FotoDa ‘tap’ ‘tap’ ‘tap’ sessions. This is a small section of the of the random image, crop, structure, Smooth & Bright in SnapSeed.

9F378F85-7F62-44A8-8AB7-329B95785918.jpeg

ImageArt Ann’s tutorial on how to make a brush produced the patterns on the left. Thank you Ann. :notworthy: I used iColorama Style>Hatch for the image of the chair, added that in Procreate, and then overlayed just the chair in Procreate again. The burnt/torn paper bit was made with a brush I downloaded from the Procreate Community Section. The transparent squares were a pattern in iColorama>Preset>Shift2>No. 20

:)
ImageArt Ann’s tutorial on how to make a brush produced the patterns on the left. Thank you Ann. :notworthy: I used iColorama Style>Hatch for the image of the chair, added that in Procreate, and then overlayed just the chair in Procreate again. The burnt/torn paper bit was made with a brush I downloaded from the Procreate Community Section. The transparent squares were a pattern in iColorama>Preset>Shift2>No. 20
Love it! All of that and an iColorama setting I need to check out, too. Nice brush from ImageArt Anne’s tutorial. :). The burnt/torn paper is cool, too.

View attachment 158458
Wow, brilliant Jilly! :inlove:

Here are some of my arty conversions of ICM which didn’t work well as plain ICMs. The beauty of ICM is that it takes care of the background for you.

This one was tuned in Snapseed with a little repair wrk in Procreate and then finally into PaintCan. You can now save PaintCan at high-res!

9108F45D-F48B-42B6-BA6A-E593EFCEE56E.jpeg

Another one. A similar process as above but I ran it, after Snapseed/Procreate, through iColorama‘s Preset>Compose and Form>Sort which I blended back with the original and then finally through PaintCan.

75D4F6A3-1876-4405-967A-7725BEB61897.png

The original was an ICM where I moved away from the flower to get the radial blur.
5E3EF485-FC2F-4207-BD38-FC8FB2F9C032.jpeg

Another one. A similar process as above but I ran it, after Snapseed/Procreate, through iColorama‘s Preset>Compose and Form>Sort which I blended back with the original and then finally through PaintCan.

View attachment 158495

The original was an ICM where I moved away from the flower to get the radial blur.
View attachment 158498

these three are lovely, Ann. I like #1 best (and speaking of background : )
And I didn’t realise PaintCan had been updated !

View attachment 158458

really like the muted palette and the light touch with the contrasts [the square of turquoise (?) teal (?) on the chair :inlove: ]
And the balanced pattern/texture :thumbs:. Very understated.

also I can’t wait to make brushes in Procreate. i can’t wait to open Procreate and keep it open for more than five minutes with hyperventilating. I’ve arranged to visit Starzee Star soon for personal tuition (a masterclass :inlove:) and I’m going to stay until I can do Everything that y’all can do (looking at Jilly Ann Jerry & Star here :mobibabe: :inlove: :mobibabe:)

View attachment 158495

View attachment 158498
Really like that second one, maybe its less abstract and more ICM.

View attachment 158458
❤️ Wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom