APPstract RESULT: APPstract Challenge #39 Theme: My Family, My People, My Voice

It’s only now, in saying that I couldn’t do the Rothko thing in my image, that I’ve seen the Rothko angle in yours :lmao:

nice work combining the two themes :notworthy:
Thanks! I think I had more fun creating the Rothko then I did on the other parts of the collage. I may have to steal some other artist’s style, too.

Counting Crows (one for RoseCat :inlove:)

View attachment 158927

Mainly SketchClub, Repix for blurred or daubed or charcoaled layers. back & forth with SnapSeed and Union.

For the theme, the voice is ‘Sorrow’: the people looking death/loss in the eye.

(And I’m sorry, John - just couldn’t pull off the Rothko angle :oops:)
Beautiful and bittersweet... thank you. ❤️

AF9D2E93-6652-4C67-8AF6-4F474C2263B5.jpeg

I don’t know how well this fits the “brief”. Crows mate for life, are persecuted for just doing what crows do and have suffered horribly during the lockdown as gamekeepers try to obliterate them to keep game birds’ eggs from being taken.

Procreate to overlay the crow onto a geometric photo background, Oilist to add the effects. IColorama to add the birds brush.

you know you can edit it, right?
But they have so many adverts now and a lot of so called pins also take you to damn adverts these days. It’s often difficult to work out where the image first originated. I used to find new boards easily but now it’s just a mishmash.

But they have so many adverts now and a lot of so called pins also take you to damn adverts these days. It’s often difficult to work out where the image first originated. I used to find new boards easily but now it’s just a mishmash.
I agree Ann. If I don’t have a link or if it’s not on one of my boards......I get too frustrated.

I agree Ann. If I don’t have a link or if it’s not on one of my boards......I get too frustrated.

i meant that Starzee had editing privileges on the ‘Art Prompts for MobiTog’ board

FotoDa, Procreate
Gatherings
View attachment 159176

lovely rainy evening vibe:inlove:

and do you still have prescribed ‘social distancing measures’ ? We have 1.5 metres that I’m not seeing observed anywhere:rolleyes:

Australians are a laissez faire lot at the best of times: Don’t have much of an awareness of ourselves as part of the big busy highly populated land masses that aren’t Australia. cuts both ways of course because much of those land masses are equally ignorant of us.
And my half of Au (younger Juliana ‘s State is about a fifth :D ) still has its borders closed so “Problem? What problem?”

Big football match here the other day - ‘Australians at (Au rules) football match ’ is about as socially ept as ‘Italians at soccer match’ ‘Americans at baseball’ :lmao: So we’ll see how that pans out

Last edited:
lovely rainy evening vibe:inlove:

and do you still have prescribed ‘social distancing measures’ ? We have 1.5 metres that I’m not seeing observed anywhere:rolleyes:

Australians are a laissez faire lot at the best of times: Don’t have much of an awareness of ourselves as part of the big busy highly populated land masses that aren’t Australia. cuts both ways of course because much of those land masses are equally ignorant of us.
And my half of Au (younger Juliana ‘s State is about a fifth :D ) still has its borders closed so “Problem? What problem?”

Big football match here the other day - ‘Australians at (Au rules) football match ’ is about as socially ept as ‘Italians at soccer match’ ‘Americans at baseball’ :lmao: So we’ll see how that pans out
We have a 6 foot rule. That’s slightly less than 2 meters. And mostly people around here are good about it, but there are some exceptions. Some people still believe it‘s a hoax and ignore (loudly) all precautions. The small grocery store in our town is split about 50-50. We go early when distancing is easy. Our brewery visiting has been curtailed even though most have reopened. Even though the owners are vigilant, people flaunt the rules in order to have a choice spot. And most recently, in order to sit down and have a drink you need to order food. Just chips (or crisps) won’t do. You need to also order a dip for it to count as food. :lmao:

They haven’t reopened the stadiums to spectators, yet, but do have games and the ever popular NASCAR races on TV.

We have a 6 foot rule. That’s slightly less than 2 meters. And mostly people around here are good about it, but there are some exceptions. Some people still believe it‘s a hoax and ignore (loudly) all precautions. The small grocery store in our town is split about 50-50. We go early when distancing is easy. Our brewery visiting has been curtailed even though most have reopened. Even though the owners are vigilant, people flaunt the rules in order to have a choice spot. And most recently, in order to sit down and have a drink you need to order food. Just chips (or crisps) won’t do. You need to also order a dip for it to count as food. :lmao:
They haven’t reopened the stadiums to spectators, yet, but do have games and the ever popular NASCAR races on TV.

Hard to know what to day to that

Ok, the fox is in the henhouse ;) Surprisingly (for me) I liked most of these images. Not sure of the format here so I'll just tell you that the image I enjoyed most, fascinated me and made me visit it on several occasions.
The winner of this particular round is Nagaisgich with her 'Wife and Jigsaw puzzle'. Let's face it, we can all be a bit of a jigsaw puzzle, can't we.
1595262863798.png

Well done all who entered and humoured me with the theme :)

Ok, the fox is in the henhouse ;) Surprisingly (for me) I liked most of these images. Not sure of the format here so I'll just tell you that the image I enjoyed most, fascinated me and made me visit it on several occasions.
The winner of this particular round is Nagaisgich with her 'Wife and Jigsaw puzzle'. Let's face it, we can all be a bit of a jigsaw puzzle, can't we.
View attachment 159226

I must have missed this one, because it’s new to me and I love it. Congratulations Nagaisgich Carmel, it’s marvellous.

View attachment 159226

Good choice, John. You seem to have a feel for this. Congrats to Nagaisgich!

Back
Top Bottom